I missed the SAQ deadline and submitted it the next day. Help help

Watch
Limezebra
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
I applied as a mature student for English at Cambridge and realised this morning that I forgot to submit it. I did so straight away and got a confirmation email. I tried to call but it’s the weekend so there’s no one there. I emailed twice as well explaining why and also told them I had a confirmation email. I am so so so worried that I’m going to be deselected even though I know that’s what’s going to happen most likely. Also someone emailed me back and said that if I don’t submit the SAQ then I can’t substitute my choice either. I really don’t know what to do and would appreciate some advice. Thank you. I’m pretty sure I don’t have a chance but I have a confirmation email does that mean I’m registered? Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Limezebra; 1 month ago
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Limezebra)
Hi,
I applied as a mature student for English at Cambridge and realised this morning that I forgot to submit it. I did so straight away and got a confirmation email. I tried to call but it’s the weekend so there’s no one there. I emailed twice as well explaining why and also told them I had a confirmation email. I am so so so worried that I’m going to be deselected even though I know that’s what’s going to happen most likely. Also someone emailed me back and said that if I don’t submit the SAQ then I can’t substitute my choice either or reapply in the March pool (for mature students). I really don’t know what to do and would appreciate some advice. Thanks so much. I’m pretty sure I don’t have a chance but I have a confirmation email does that mean I’m registered? I’m panicking
First, you need to up your game if you plan to study at Cambridge. A deadline is a deadline unless you have extenuating circumstances.

Second, there is nothing you can do now. You have to wait for the response next week. If asked, I’d suggest saying that you had an internet outage and you submitted before the deadline but it reached them afterwards.

Finally, if you are deselected then you have to accept it and move on. Nothing else you can do but charge it to the game.

All the best.
Limezebra
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
First, you need to up your game if you plan to study at Cambridge. A deadline is a deadline unless you have extenuating circumstances.

Second, there is nothing you can do now. You have to wait for the response next week. If asked, I’d suggest saying that you had an internet outage and you submitted before the deadline but it reached them afterwards.

Finally, if you are deselected then you have to accept it and move on. Nothing else you can do but charge it to the game.

All the best.
Hi there,

Ok, then, thank you very much.

I’ve said I had a health problem (I have SEN) which means that sometimes I have episodes where I can’t remember anything genuinely. I’m going to explain this to them probably and see what they say. I don’t particularly want to lie to anyone and also they might just think I’m switching excuses if I suddenly say I have an internet outage, but thank you for your advice.

Yes, I understand it’s very likely I will be deselected and I’m prepared to deal with that.

Thanks.
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

Ok, then, thank you very much.

I’ve said I had a health problem (I have SEN) which means that sometimes I have episodes where I can’t remember anything genuinely. I’m going to explain this to them probably and see what they say. I don’t particularly want to lie to anyone and also they might just think I’m switching excuses if I suddenly say I have an internet outage, but thank you for your advice.

Yes, I understand it’s very likely I will be deselected and I’m prepared to deal with that.

Thanks.
Alright, good luck with that.

If you do have a formal diagnosis then you can provide a note from your GP to confirm your medical condition.
Limezebra
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
Alright, good luck with that.

If you do have a formal diagnosis then you can provide a note from your GP to confirm your medical condition.
That’s really helpful, thank you.
Lord7thNaruto
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How did it go?
My email got locked for over a week so I didn’t get anything about SAQ 😔 but deadlines are deadlines :/
Last edited by Lord7thNaruto; 1 month ago
Limezebra
Rep:
(Original post by Lord7thNaruto)
How did it go?
My email got locked for over a week so I didn’t get anything about SAQ 😔 but deadlines are deadlines :/
Hi! I emailed them and they said it was fine luckily.
I’m so sorry man - I’m sure you could email and tell them that it was a technical issue.
Interrobang
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I emailed them and they said it was fine luckily.
I’m so sorry man - I’m sure you could email and tell them that it was a technical issue.
Moved to the Camb forum
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.83%
Okay (105)
29.49%
A bit lacking (130)
36.52%
Not good at all (86)
24.16%

Watched Threads