How do you start preparing for interviews? Medicine

Watch
r.rosex
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I sent off my application. I am waiting to hear responses but I still want to start preparing just in case I do get one. How do you go about preparing for interviews in medicine? Any advice would be great!
micholate9
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hey, have a look at this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7094579

It's my first time applying so I'm no expert, but I'd say start off with familiarising yourself with the ethics pillars. Read the GMC's good doctors guide to identify the skills required, and note down examples of where you've seen these being applied on work experience and how you have built these skills through volunteering and extracurricular. Read the news. And watch YouTube videos on common questions. Try practising with others if possible.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads