samcarolinx
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
its half term and i need to start making revision material what is the best size for flash cards
im torn between 5x3 and 6x4 flashcards w

i also do sociology and psychology and hope to keep the same size
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

I have used 6" X 4" for a number of degrees:-
1. I use flash cards for [maybe two rounds of] last minute revision; basically they only have very concise points, but remind me of highly detailed info as I scan thru them near exams.
2. My handwriting is v small [see at-d e.g.] but still, if you make one card for each topic/sub-topic, you will need the room to include enough points - if some cards are half blank, nothing lost nothing lost, but you have the leeway.
3. Keep a lookout at WH Smith for offers - when they are desperate to sell, you can grab a bargain.
4. You can get a handy transparent plastic box to store them [make them colour-coded for diff subjects], so if you get the bigger ones, it will not fill up your room.
Name:  Flash card eg.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  124.0 KB
Best of luck & be safe!
M
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hia,

as you're doing pscyhology as well I'd recommend the 6x4. Purely because they're a good size to put experiments and studies on one side and then evaluation point on the other with enough detail, 5x3 would be too small.

Hope this helps,

UoP Rep - Ben
samcarolinx
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
thank you all so much i will be getting the 6 by 4 ones
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.86%
Okay (105)
29.58%
A bit lacking (130)
36.62%
Not good at all (85)
23.94%

Watched Threads