Private!
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am a first year student at Leeds and am finding it extremely hard to settle. I am therefore reaching out to anyone who has yet to make a friend to meet up with me. I am a bit shy and don't have much confidence and at the moment spend all my time in my room. I am stuck in a flat of girls and a second year student who barely acknowledge my existence. Surely there are others in the same situation. Before any one says join societies etc I have but none of them have so far got going. Even the two charity ones I signed up for. So if you are in the same boat and fancy a meet up (Drinking is not compulsory) then write via this. Thanks
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Moved to the University of Leeds section
edwardkenway
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well, I would say I am having the same feeling. (Sorry English is not my first language). I have been to a couples of societies but I didn't make any friends that I can hang out with. I have been spending most of my time alone as well ! I thought I was the only person who can't make any friends at this uni. If you don't mind, please leave a message or any contacts.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Private!)
I am a first year student at Leeds and am finding it extremely hard to settle. I am therefore reaching out to anyone who has yet to make a friend to meet up with me. I am a bit shy and don't have much confidence and at the moment spend all my time in my room. I am stuck in a flat of girls and a second year student who barely acknowledge my existence. Surely there are others in the same situation. Before any one says join societies etc I have but none of them have so far got going. Even the two charity ones I signed up for. So if you are in the same boat and fancy a meet up (Drinking is not compulsory) then write via this. Thanks
are you male or female?
Private!
Rep:
Hi sorry for not replying sooner. I'm a male but for me it's about making friends and being part of things.
Private!
Rep:
(Original post by edwardkenway)
Well, I would say I am having the same feeling. (Sorry English is not my first language). I have been to a couples of societies but I didn't make any friends that I can hang out with. I have been spending most of my time alone as well ! I thought I was the only person who can't make any friends at this uni. If you don't mind, please leave a message or any contacts.
No your not the only one. Out of the five societies I've joined only 1 has done anything! I went to the first one it was okay. The second was fancy dress - not my thing. The rest I've heard nothing. I think there are more of us alone than you think. The problem is unearthing them! Hence why I wrote this post. I don't like giving out phone/emails on this type of forum. What are you studying?
TriplexA
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Private!

I can understand how you are feeling and hope you find some great friends soon. Friendships take time to make and strengthen so try not to worry.
TriplexA
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What are you studying? If you don't mind me asking
edwardkenway
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No your not the only one. Out of the five societies I've joined only 1 has done anything! I went to the first one it was okay. The second was fancy dress - not my thing. The rest I've heard nothing. I think there are more of us alone than you think. The problem is unearthing them! Hence why I wrote this post. I don't like giving out phone/emails on this type of forum. What are you studying?
I mean you can send me a private message, anyway, I am doing law. What about you?
TriplexA
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by edwardkenway)
I mean you can send me a private message, anyway, I am doing law. What about you?
Congratulations, law is a highly competitive course so you've done very well to get in.
TriplexA
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Congratulations, law is a highly competitive course so you've done very well to get in.
I'm currently not at university. I do apologise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.68%
Okay (119)
29.53%
A bit lacking (153)
37.97%
Not good at all (92)
22.83%

Watched Threads