Do you agree with the stereotype that only attractive people work at JD?

Watch
gasgasgas
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
There is an opening for a job at a JD near me and I asked my sister if I should apply and pretty much said that I'm not pretty enough and I wouldn't "fit in." would it be a good Idea for me to still apply regardless of my sisters comment ?
0mg
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gasgasgas)
There is an opening for a job at a JD near me and I asked my sister if I should apply and pretty much said that I'm not pretty enough and I wouldn't "fit in." would it be a good Idea for me to still apply regardless of my sisters comment ?
It is true. I noticed JD employees are always good looking. Maybe apply to Sports Direct instead
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Nah

I think generally they try hire attractive people especially goodlooking girls but the odd uggo gets through.
gasgasgas
Rep:
(Original post by 0mg)
It is true. I noticed JD employees are always good looking. Maybe apply to Sports Direct instead
oof. I could try that
gasgasgas
Rep:
(Original post by Little pecker)
Nah

I think generally they try hire attractive people especially goodlooking girls but the odd uggo gets through.
hopefully that could be me . It's a seasonal job so it's only temporary I think
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The few times I’ve been to JD, I haven’t been bowled over by anyone’s attractiveness, they’re just normal people. But then again, that might be because I’m focusing on finding shoes, rather than people’s faces.
0mg
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gasgasgas)
oof. I could try that
Good luck
gasgasgas
Rep:
(Original post by 0mg)
Good luck
thank you
gasgasgas
Rep:
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
The few times I’ve been to JD, I haven’t been bowled over by anyone’s attractiveness, they’re just normal people. But then again, that might be because I’m focusing on finding shoes, rather than people’s faces.
makes sense
gasgasgas
Rep:
bump
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
you might as well try applying. you probably won't lose much.

but I haven't noticed that jd workers are particularly attractive personally
Last edited by Obolinda; 1 month ago
gasgasgas
Rep:
(Original post by Obolinda)
you might as well try applying. you probably won't lose much.

but I haven't noticed that jd workers are particularly attractive personally
interesting perspective. thank you
Smeraldettoi
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have two large JD’s near me. Neither of them have what I’d call attractive employees, although what I find attractive might be different to most peoples tastes. Might aswell go for it OP
gasgasgas
Rep:
(Original post by Smeraldettoi)
I have two large JD’s near me. Neither of them have what I’d call attractive employees, although what I find attractive might be different to most peoples tastes. Might aswell go for it OP
will do 👍
Bazookaboobs
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Honestly, they look like road mans/girls to me... go for it, you're pretty in your own way (we all are)...
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I haven’t been in several years nor have I ever heard this stereotype.

It’s just a standard retail job :curious:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.89%
Okay (65)
28.89%
A bit lacking (85)
37.78%
Not good at all (55)
24.44%

Watched Threads