Amp242
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all - this is the official thread for those applying to Christs for 2022 entry.

Feel free to introduce yourselves below; what courses are you applying for, what A levels you take, what predicted grades / achieved grades you have, if you're to take an admissions test, and the preparation for said admissions test, why Christs and why Cambridge?

Good luck everyone!
Amp242
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My son applied for Engineering. A levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Spanish (predicted A*A*A*A)
GCSE’s achieved 11x 9’s and 1x8
Got to sit the ENGaa… no real prep as yet… looked at one part of a paper… plan to sit a couple of practice ones next week before the test.
Chose christs based on accommodation and facilities and location. Cambridge as course looks perfect 👌
lazyseahorse
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hey!

i’m applying for law i do the IB so i’m predicted 776 HL and 43/45 overall. and at GCSES i got 9999999988.

i really like the cambridge law course personally because it has a lot more flexibility than other unis.

i visited cambridge over the summer and christs just kinda stood out for me and when i did a bit more research on it i realised it has everything i want in it.
cappvile
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I'm applying for Land Economy. I take the IB, 776 Higher Level and predicted 44/45. I have to take the TSA, prepping for just about a week? I only spent two hours looking at various colleges before picking Christ's. Close to LandEc department, and near some great food!
emilyy.cyn
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I applied for law as well. Have a 40/45 and 766 at HL. I am from Canada and super curricular is lots of debate and model united nations! Christ seem to be in the center of everything so super convenient!
skittish
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys, I'm a current 2nd year student at Christ's, feel free to ask me any questions! Wishing you all luck with your applications
Amp242
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by skittish)
Hi guys, I'm a current 2nd year student at Christ's, feel free to ask me any questions! Wishing you all luck with your applications
Thanks.. My son may have questions… but will see how the Engaa goes next week first 🤣 he has done a couple of practice papers but that’s it.
Christs really caught his eye though.. especially the accommodation (oh and the food!) as really wants en-suite
sajini.r
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,
I'm applying for Law! Just a quick question does anyone know when Christs College sends out their invites to interview, like is it last week of November or Mid November
Amp242
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sajini.r)
Hi guys,
I'm applying for Law! Just a quick question does anyone know when Christs College sends out their invites to interview, like is it last week of November or Mid November
Hi, although I’ve not looked specifically at law.. I know engineering invites go out around mid November for December interviews. Most info is on their college website, dates, timescales, etc
Christ's Admissions
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,
There is no set date for invitations to interview to be sent. Remember to keep an eye on our current applicants section. We will update it when we start to send invitations, and will specify which subjects have been sent so you definitely won't miss that email if you're using the webpages there.

There is also some provisional information by subject here. We do update our webpages as soon as we are able to (and we can do so very quickly) so if there is not yet specific information available, it isn't ready.
emilyy.cyn
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys,
Hey I am also applying for Law at Christ!
hopefulguy987
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone received an interview invite?
Amp242
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hopefulguy987)
Has anyone received an interview invite?
I’m assuming not as under their current applicants section on their website it says no interview invites have been sent yet. They state they will update this section as and when subject specific invites go out
rosycurtains
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Not yet! I don’t think anyone has though, based on the current applications part of the website
feliciaphilpot
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Just got told i got an interview for PBS at christs!!
hahaofjo
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
My daughter, who is applying to read History, received a notice an hour ago from Christ's admission office: It said, "Im writing this morning with good news. I can confirm you will be invited for Christ's College remote interviews". And then it went on to explain that "At the moment we have confirmed interview lists for some subjects but not others. As we already know who will be interviewed in History, we wanted to let you know as soon as possible as we don’t like to keep you in suspense longer than we have to."
Last edited by hahaofjo; 2 weeks ago
Amp242
Rep:
(Original post by hahaofjo)
My daughter, who is applying to read History, received a notice an hour ago from Christ's admission office: It said, "Im writing this morning with good news. I can confirm you will be invited for Christ's College remote interviews". And then it went on to explain that "At the moment we have confirmed interview lists for some subjects but not others. As we already know who will be interviewed in History, we wanted to let you know as soon as possible as we don’t like to keep you in suspense longer than we have to."
Congratulations to your daughter and thank you for sharing the update!! Let’s hope more christs applicants get good news today
Amp242
Rep:
(Original post by feliciaphilpot)
Just got told i got an interview for PBS at christs!!
Congratulations! Fantastic news!
rosycurtains
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
update: just got an english interview offer!
romaz
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Got interview for Land Econ!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.85%
Okay (65)
28.76%
A bit lacking (85)
37.61%
Not good at all (56)
24.78%

Watched Threads