Being Controlled, over the age of 21

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I was ill a few days ago, and I was fine throughout the day.

I had a massive wave of anxiety and stress, and basically puked a lot.

Luckily my fam was there, couldn't talk much because I was that ill.

I always make sure to have a good healthy diet...I have a good weight.

I also had my 2nd vaccine and had really bad side affects from the first time round. I felt this illness was from the vaccine, because the side affects were exactly the same.

I never been this ill. I remember puking as a child...but never into my adult years.

But I now feel like the fam is controlling me what I eat, i'm over 21...and I'm not allowed to order food.

Whereas my brother is allowed to go to a club and be drunk . Everyday he would go out to eat in restaurants with his friends/girlfriend, and never gets in trouble.

My dad is allowed to vape, but yet I'm the one thats being controlled.

I always have to EXPLAIN to them how i'm taking my health seriously, but they never believe me OR never listen.

Is this right for them to control me like this??...I'm in my mid 20s, they're treating me like a toddler.
Biobobz
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Just do what you want they can’t physically hold you down. My parents track me on my phone (I’m 21 also) I just installed an app which overrides that and looks like I’m at home when I’m out lol 😂
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
How are they "controlling" you exactly? Advising you what to eat takeout is not 'controlling', not even close. As to the parent and brother comment - well, qed. If someone acts childish then they tend to be treated that way. The whole 'thats not fair, he gets to one' rather pointing to that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads