What’s your favourite style of architecture?

Watch
Iownuk
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For me personally, it’s Tudor architecture
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Gothic architecture is pretty spectacular
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Baroque and neoclassical.
Iownuk
Rep:
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
Gothic architecture is pretty spectacular
Ooo definitely. Looks like something you’d find in video games a lot lol
Iownuk
Rep:
(Original post by londonmyst)
Baroque and neoclassical.
Both absolutely beautiful. Do you think the future of architecture is just skyscrapers and tower blocks from now on?
Smeraldettoi
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Gothic and Corinthian
da_nolo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Iownuk)
Both absolutely beautiful. Do you think the future of architecture is just skyscrapers and tower blocks from now on?
I think you will see more abstract work. but implimenting more biology and plant life into buildings would be awesome.
da_nolo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
although my dad is an architect, Im not good with names and history. I like old country rustic builds. anything with arches is a plus.

im glad others appriciate art in building.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Iownuk)
No.
I believe that a lot of european & asian countries will move away from post-modern and modern styles.
I think that the vast majority will avoid ever dipping their toes into architectural neo-futurism.
Unless they are willing to risk very hostile reactions from financial backers and council planning officials plus having loss making white elephant sites on their hands for a very long time.
LFGG2234
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Neoclassical and modern.

I like everything that looks clean/modern/futuristic and simplistic at its core.

That being said, I do appreciate other architectures.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.73%
Okay (97)
29.48%
A bit lacking (119)
36.17%
Not good at all (81)
24.62%

Watched Threads