imscareddaddy
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm in year 11. I love maths, I'm quite good at it and I get 8s and 9s (mainly 8s) in papers I do. For the past week I've been thinking about doing further maths, so to see how capable I would be I did the aqa 2016 papers and got a B in both with no revision whatsoever.
Do you lot think I'd manage well doing FM?
Cs115
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes lol
englishhopeful98
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
so long as it doesn't detract away from your main GCSE
imscareddaddy
Rep:
Damn I wasn't expecting replies this quick rahh...
o_reo
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yeah do it
especially if you wanna take a level maths all of pure year 12 maths is a breeze.
imscareddaddy
Rep:
(Original post by o_reo)
yeah do it
especially if you wanna take a level maths all of pure year 12 maths is a breeze.
Thanks for the reply. but btw wdym by pure?
englishhopeful98
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imscareddaddy)
differentiation integration etc
o_reo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
a level maths is split into pure maths, mechanics and statistics
pure maths is my favourite its like algebra and just maths maths ya know -
mechanics is like physics
stats is like graphs and tables and boring stuff
imscareddaddy
Rep:
(Original post by o_reo)
a level maths is split into pure maths, mechanics and statistics
pure maths is my favourite its like algebra and just maths maths ya know -
mechanics is like physics
stats is like graphs and tables and boring stuff
Pure already sounds fun from what you've said, since I fukin love algebra
Mechanics dont sound fun tho since I hate physics
pakoda
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Do it for sure - i found GCSE further maths to be easier than normal GCSE maths
o_reo
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Pure already sounds fun from what you've said, since I fukin love algebra
Mechanics dont sound fun tho since I hate physics
I took physics a level so mechanics was easy for me hahah but its more of like a maths version of physics so you dont have to be good at physics to do well.
imscareddaddy
Rep:
b

(Original post by o_reo)
I took physics a level so mechanics was easy for me hahah but its more of like a maths version of physics so you dont have to be good at physics to do well.
Wait so what if i did really well in maths but not as good in physics? Would I not be able to do the mechanics part?
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Wait so what if i did really well in maths but not as good in physics? Would I not be able to do the mechanics part?
If you get the required grade to get in to maths a-level then you do the whole course (don't worry too much about the mechanics, i really didn't like physics but managed to get through the mechanics topics! )
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
DO NOT waste time on level 2 FM - focus on getting 9s. [Maths teacher replying]
imscareddaddy
Rep:
(Original post by flaurie)
If you get the required grade to get in to maths a-level then you do the whole course (don't worry too much about the mechanics, i really didn't like physics but managed to get through the mechanics topics! )
Alr thanks! oh and one more thing sorry..
When you do the exam is it like on each thing, so 1 or 2 papers for pure another 1 or 2 for mechanics
imscareddaddy
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
DO NOT waste time on level 2 FM - focus on getting 9s. [Maths teacher replying]
i do get 9s... just not as often
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i do get 9s... just not as often
In ALL your subjects?
imscareddaddy
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
In ALL your subjects?
Oh you meant all subjects... well that's a defo no and there's no way that's happening anyway

Edit: Oh and also the main reason why i was considering it was just so I'd have an extra GCSE under my belt
Last edited by imscareddaddy; 1 month ago
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh you meant all subjects... well that's a defo no and there's no way that's happening anyway

Edit: Oh and also the main reason why i was considering it was just so I'd have an extra GCSE under my belt
That really isn't worthwhile - focus on getting a 9 in Maths and improving other subjects - that will make FAR more difference. There's topics in FM that aren't needed for Maths A level ...
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Alr thanks! oh and one more thing sorry..
When you do the exam is it like on each thing, so 1 or 2 papers for pure another 1 or 2 for mechanics
are we talking about maths a-level or the further maths gcse?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
9.01%
Okay (67)
28.76%
A bit lacking (88)
37.77%
Not good at all (57)
24.46%

Watched Threads