Molly00012
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ty
Last edited by Molly00012; 1 month ago
username4729656
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Molly00012)
I’m applying to study english at uni and was wondering if anybody had suggestions on what books would be good to mention. Is there anything that will make them say "wow she’s well read lets give her a place"? I don’t read many of the classics which is probably going to be a sore point for my application
Genuinely, there are no specific books that will wow them. Just talk about what you enjoyed reading most. If it is the case that you don’t enjoy reading, you probably shouldn’t be applying for English
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Molly00012)
anything that will make them say "wow she’s well read lets give her a place"?
Life isnt like that.
We do not make offers on that basis and it is far more considered than 'make that kid an offer'.

Try reading something like these - this will give you an idea of what studying Literature at University level is like and give you some 'ideas' to talk about / discuss. :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Literary-Th...dp/0199691347/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Literary-Cr.../dp/0415544327
succubus666
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
which universities are you applying to? i already sent my application off, hope i can be some help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.73%
Okay (97)
29.48%
A bit lacking (119)
36.17%
Not good at all (81)
24.62%

Watched Threads