Adding virtual experience into UCAS activities

Watch
fawziakhan
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! I completed a virtual work experience by Springpod and I want to put it onto my UCAS activities in the Diversity and inclusion section, however UCAS is asking for a location for it. I've tried putting London, N/A and everything in between and it continues to ask me to 'specify a value' - and without adding a location I can't seem to add it onto my UCAS activities. Has anyone managed to put their Springpod Virtual Work Experience onto their UCAS activities successfully? Please help me.
Last edited by fawziakhan; 1 month ago
garysxg
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I used springpod for some work experience too. Put it in the formal work experience section but specify that it was virtual work experience, because the summer work in the diversity section means like Sutton Trust Summer Schools and Pathways kind of work experiences that directly affect your offers at ur choices. Hope this helps!
username5821865
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I didn't.
fawziakhan
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by garysxg)
I used springpod for some work experience too. Put it in the formal work experience section but specify that it was virtual work experience, because the summer work in the diversity section means like Sutton Trust Summer Schools and Pathways kind of work experiences that directly affect your offers at ur choices. Hope this helps!
thank you so much! there seems to only be an employment section, is it okay if i put it there?
garysxg
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fawziakhan)
thank you so much! there seems to only be an employment section, is it okay if i put it there?
Yes, as long as you specify that it was virtual work experience and make sure you have the necessary certificate/proof downloaded
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
That section is not designed for commercial courses/'work experience' - its for prep for HE activities like Sutton Trust, Pathways to Law and any widening participation actvies run by individual Unis.

This is the sort of thing you can mention on your PS as evidence of interest but otherwise its not going to impress Unis much at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads