jor fre
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, I am doing BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma, and I want to go to the top universities mainly near London, which accept BTEC as well not including A-level. It would be really helpful if universities give scholarship. Also I would like to study abroad during some time in the degree. I want to ask if I can go to universities which are really good, and if they have the benefits listed above?.
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jor fre)
Hi, I am doing BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma, and I want to go to the top universities mainly near London, which accept BTEC as well not including A-level. It would be really helpful if universities give scholarship. Also I would like to study abroad during some time in the degree. I want to ask if I can go to universities which are really good, and if they have the benefits listed above?.
Any university that isn't a Russel group uni will accept BTECs because your BTEC grades will be converted into UCAS tariffs.
The following are Russell Group universities:
University of Birmingham
University of Bristol
University of Cambridge
Cardiff University
Durham University
University of Edinburgh
University of Exeter
University of Glasgow
Imperial College London
King's College London
University of Leeds
University of Liverpool
London School of Economics & Political Science
University of Manchester
Newcastle University
University of Nottingham
University of Oxford
Queen Mary, University of London
Queen's University Belfast
University of Sheffield
University of Southampton
University College London
University of Warwick
University of York

Any uni that isn't on this list accept BTECs and UCAS points. So you can research good universities that aren't on this list.

There are many great universities out there. Keep looking and attend open days.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
Any university that isn't a Russel group uni will accept BTECs because your BTEC grades will be converted into UCAS tariffs.

Any uni that isn't on this list accept BTECs and UCAS points. So you can research good universities that aren't on this list.

Russell Group has nothing to do with which qualifications they accept. If a course accepts tariff points, or sets offers based on tariff points, it will say so on the course page.
Other times, they may accept specific grades in BTEC without converting it back to tariff points. It varies between courses between universities, it is not RG vs non-RG.
Last edited by Sinnoh; 8 months ago
Jonathanツ
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Russell Group has nothing to do with which qualifications they accept. If a course accepts tariff points, or sets offers based on tariff points, it will say so on the course page.
Other times, they may accept specific grades in BTEC without converting it back to tariff points. It varies between universities, not just RG vs non-RG.
I was just about to say, I know tons of Russel group universities that accept BTECS, them being Russel Groups have absolutely nothing to do with what qualifications they accept. I applied and got offers to a few Russel Group universities last year (and I have BTEC's...)
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Too many lies on this website these days.
Sinnoh
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JA03)
University of Birmingham
University of Bristol
University of Cambridge
Cardiff University
Durham University
University of Edinburgh
University of Exeter
University of Glasgow
Imperial College London
King's College London
University of Leeds
University of Liverpool
London School of Economics & Political Science
University of Manchester
Newcastle University
University of Nottingham
University of Oxford
Queen Mary, University of London
Queen's University Belfast
University of Sheffield
University of Southampton
University College London
University of Warwick
University of York

As a completely random example, here is the info for Law at Exeter:
https://www.exeter.ac.uk/undergradua...y-requirements

They accept BTEC at D*DD for that.
Sinnoh
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
What course(s) are you thinking of doing?
JA03
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Other times, they may accept specific grades in BTEC without converting it back to tariff points. It varies between courses between universities, it is not RG vs non-RG.
ah ok so my teachers been lying to me ): but ty for the info
jor fre
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
What course(s) are you thinking of doing?
Accounting and Finance
Sinnoh
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Accounting and Finance
It'll vary between universities - some may require A-level maths (e.g. King's), for which BTEC won't be equivalent. Some don't, like Queen Mary or City - but may require a certain grade in GCSE maths. If you have a list of unis you're interested in, check the page on the website for the A&F - that's all I've had to do to get this info.
helpme10101
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jonathanツ)
I was just about to say, I know tons of Russel group universities that accept BTECS, them being Russel Groups have absolutely nothing to do with what qualifications they accept. I applied and got offers to a few Russel Group universities last year (and I have BTEC's...)
To study what and where? if you don't mind me asking thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
32.03%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (59)
46.09%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.78%

Watched Threads