The Student Room Group

Is it normal that I can’t control my impulse?

For example, (this will sound vulgar, apologies) if I’m alone at my dorm, no matter what I do I can’t help but masturbate the very instant I feel the impulse to do so. I become an animal and it seems that I just cannot control myself at all. I have extremely weak willpower when it comes to stuff like that. When it comes to other impulses though such as eating fast food, alcohol etc I can control myself no problem. Has anybody found a way to overcome this? It’s so bad that whilst I’m in the middle of studying, the moment I get that sudden impulse to fap, I jump straight to it like an animal that doesn’t think. I hate it so much
have sex with people
Reply 2
Original post by Moonlight Rain
have sex with people

So you agree that this is normal then? Not like you can find someone to have sex with 5+ times everyday
Original post by Iownuk
So you agree that this is normal then? Not like you can find someone to have sex with 5+ times everyday

It's normal to have a high sex drive but ******* multiple times a day isnt normal
Reply 4
Original post by Moonlight Rain
It's normal to have a high sex drive but ******* multiple times a day isnt normal

Yeah exactly so is there a way to overcome this that doesn’t involve sex and being around people 24/7?
do you watch 'adult' videos a lot? Maybe try to cut down on it? Try to distract yourself by doing other things - even if you find yourself not being able to, just try to hold out as long as you can

Quick Reply

Latest