Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which pets would be easy to move with me into properties that aren't very pet friendly, eg something without fur or a huge pen. I'm not into insects. I'm at home now but will have to move in a month and want to bring it with me. I'd really like something as I've had many cats and dogs in the past but lost my pet earlier this year and love having creatures around .
Littleemma98
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which pets would be easy to move with me into properties that aren't very pet friendly, eg something without fur or a huge pen. I'm not into insects. I'm at home now but will have to move in a month and want to bring it with me. I'd really like something as I've had many cats and dogs in the past but lost my pet earlier this year and love having creatures around .

What is the easiest pet to keep......

Here is some easiest pets to care for........
Fish. For those who do not have a lot of free time or free space to dedicate to a pet, fish would make ideal companions. ...
Guinea Pigs. These fluffy animals are easy to care for and bring a lot of joy into the home. ...
Birds. ... / Canaries etc
Hamsters.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Littleemma98)
What is the easiest pet to keep......

Guinea Pigs. These fluffy animals are easy to care for
Not to care for properly they arent, they are also noisy and require a lot of space. Hardly something incognito for non pet friendly accommodation.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hermit crabs. They do need a decent bit of space ( 10 gallons, and then an additional 5 for each, despite what the local beach shop wants you to believe ) but that's nothing compared to what say a rabbit or hamster needs, and there's no fur. More interesting though than a fish since you can actually interact with it.
fellowweebhere
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I owned 2 gerbils recently and they are great. Not as smelly as hamsters, could be chewing loud (depends what toys you get them) they are mostly known for digging so need lots of bedding

If not, I had lots of fish. Beta, clownfish, koi, goldfish etc.

Leopard geckos are also pretty good but you need to be very responsible
Nobody2u
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Gerbils are definitely easy and because they are basically small desert rats, their dejections are dry so a lot less smelly than the hamster's. Food costs almost nothing and they just love empty kitchen roll tubes to play with Definitely a low budget pet compared to dogs and cats.
username5850540
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
snails or pet rocks really easy to take care of
Googley_eyes
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
A rock
Nobody2u
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MissAngel232)
snails or pet rocks really easy to take care of
Snails escape!!
Googley_eyes
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
In all seriousness though, fish are the easiest and only a little noisy from the cleaning pump. Any kind of hamster, guinea pig, gerbil etc are louder and smellier than fish if you keep the tank clean, as straw/hay and their poo smell more than fish and tank chemicals. Also they’re less maintenance and aren’t going to escape or need to be taken to the vet
Anonymous #1
Does anyone know anything about sea monkeys or if they are actual pets ?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Foxehh)
Hermit crabs. They do need a decent bit of space ( 10 gallons, and then an additional 5 for each, despite what the local beach shop wants you to believe ) but that's nothing compared to what say a rabbit or hamster needs, and there's no fur. More interesting though than a fish since you can actually interact with it.
Wow that does sound interesting I might be a bit afraid of them though they’re a bit spidery
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Googley_eyes)
A rock
Are you being serious? Lol I do have a crystal collection
username5850540
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know anything about sea monkeys or if they are actual pets ?
yes, they are real pets you can say. they are interesting looking I would rather have a fish because you would still need to clean up the tank in some way
Googley_eyes
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are you being serious? Lol I do have a crystal collection
I have a real response too like 2 posts later or something
username5850540
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nobody2u)
Snails escape!!
but they arent fast if they do somehow escape. my friend had a couple of pet snails they never moved when I looked but when ever I left and came back they were in a different spot
Nobody2u
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My son collected them when he was around 5 years old. One day he left the top off the aquarium, and for about a month we found snails around the house, not counting the ones we accidentally killed when we walked on them!!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Googley_eyes)
In all seriousness though, fish are the easiest and only a little noisy from the cleaning pump. Any kind of hamster, guinea pig, gerbil etc are louder and smellier than fish if you keep the tank clean, as straw/hay and their poo smell more than fish and tank chemicals. Also they’re less maintenance and aren’t going to escape or need to be taken to the vet
Thanks yeah a fish or two are looking like the best option right now. I've had rodents before and do they smell strong especially when you throw the soiled bedding out like flatmates will not like it

(Original post by MissAngel232)
yes, they are real pets you can say. they are interesting looking I would rather have a fish because you would still need to clean up the tank in some way
Can sea monkeys live with fish or would they get eaten?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Nobody2u)
My son collected them when he was around 5 years old. One day he left the top off the aquarium, and for about a month we found snails around the house, not counting the ones we accidentally killed when we walked on them!!
Snails are great. But I feel like they die easily? Not enough moisture or if heating's on or somehing
username5850540
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the fish would eat them. Sea monkeys are a type of shrimp so fish would eat them as snacks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed