Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When does Durham send out offers?
dolcie000
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When does Durham send out offers?
i have the same question, but from what I've heard they are usually very slow - can be in march!
Anonymous #1
Thats SO ANNOYING, waiting till MARCH
Anonymous #1
(Original post by dolcie000)
i have the same question, but from what I've heard they are usually very slow - can be in march!
What did u apply for
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
They are amongst the slowest, I remember getting an offer in March. I sent off the application in November I think.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by random_matt)
They are amongst the slowest, I remember getting an offer in March. I sent off the application in November I think.
Okay thank you! How did you decide ur college prefernces?
random_matt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Okay thank you! How did you decide ur college prefernces?
I forgot to add any, I was put in Cuthbert's in the end. There is not many self-catered options anyway. Besides this was a few years ago, I hear their allocation methods have changed.
Anonymous #1
I forgot to add any, I was put in Cuthbert's in the end. There is not many self-catered options anyway. Besides this was a few years ago, I hear their allocation methods have changed.
Yes now we have to rank all 16 undergrad colleges, but i dont rlly know much about them
random_matt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes now we have to rank all 16 undergrad colleges, but i dont rlly know much about them
Catered or self-catered?
Ensuite or no ensuite?
Last edited by random_matt; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
I dont know which one id prefer, because there arent many shops in durham.
And all the ensuite ones are far away and on a hill.
So no college has really strood out to me
james.m64
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi does anyone know when we need to send documents to Durham? There's a space on the application portal for them and it implies that they need to be sent but I haven't heard anything about it
random_matt
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I dont know which one id prefer, because there arent many shops in durham.
And all the ensuite ones are far away and on a hill.
So no college has really strood out to me
St Johns looks nice, as does Mary I think. Obviously living within the Castle is nice. For self-catered I myself would probably choose which ever allows to walk through the botanical garden.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by james.m64)
Hi does anyone know when we need to send documents to Durham? There's a space on the application portal for them and it implies that they need to be sent but I haven't heard anything about it
I think its only if youre applying for certain courses/ if you have any issues w ur nationality/residency
Anonymous #1
St Johns looks nice, as does Mary I think. Obviously living within the Castle is nice. For self-catered I myself would probably choose which ever allows to walk through the botanical garden.
Okay thanks
dolcie000
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What did u apply for
law!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by swjp)
Attachment 1034387
if it helps i made this table, then colour-coded each one (e.g. If you like gowned formals make gowned green and non-gowned red, for each column), and used that to help in ranking every college!
thank you so much!!!
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swjp)
Attachment 1034387
If it helps I made this table, then colour-coded each one (e.g. if you like gowned formals make gowned green and non-gowned red, for each column), and used that to help in ranking every college!
Just in case it changes anything - neither Hild Bede or St Cuthberts are on the hill. Cuths is on the Bailey (with significant accommodation off their main site, but still in Elvet so considerably closer to town than the hill) and Hild Bede is up a hill I suppose, but in the opposite direction to the other hill colleges so is usually considered an honourable Bailey college.

Interesting reputations btw :lol:
madlad2003
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think its only if youre applying for certain courses/ if you have any issues w ur nationality/residency
hey, so if it isn't specified, we don't have to, right? like we dont have to upload anything unless they ask us?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by madlad2003)
hey, so if it isn't specified, we don't have to, right? like we dont have to upload anything unless they ask us?
Yes. I am not submitting anything unless they ask. You could always email the student help people?
james.m64
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by madlad2003)
I got a reply from them and they said 'We do not require you to upload any documents to us at this stage unless we contact you to ask for them. should you receive an offer, we would let you know what we need.'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads