What's your reason for wanting to do well in school?

Watch
I'mnotginger
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just type the first thing that springs to mind
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
serotonin
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’ll go first because I know everyone will say it.

Girls like nerds!

Joke. Moneyz!
Last edited by Scienceisgood; 1 month ago
I'mnotginger
Rep:
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
serotonin
lmao same
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
bc ive got asian parents
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Because my mum expected nothing less than rank #1.
0ptics
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Parental pressure.
CosmicApathy1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Post 16 education or traditional school? Because I didn't give a **** about school pre 16.
Last edited by CosmicApathy1; 1 month ago
I'mnotginger
Rep:
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
bc ive got asian parents
Understandable. So is that stereotype about asian parents caring a lot about their child's education sort of true? Sorry if that's racist
Last edited by I'mnotginger; 1 month ago
I'mnotginger
Rep:
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
I’ll go first because I know everyone will say it.

Girls like nerds!

Joke. Moneyz!
No joke. We actually do
Nobody2u
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Because with 5 brothers and sisters there was no way my parents were going to be able to finance the life I thought I wanted.
0ptics
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by I'mnotginger)
Understandable. So is that stereotype about asian parents caring a lot about their child's education sort of true? Sorry if that's racist
You could say that…
…whatever hyperbole you can come up with that, it isn’t a hyperbole. Just caring to the extreme, you could say
I'mnotginger
Rep:
(Original post by Nobody2u)
Because with 5 brothers and sisters there was no way my parents were going to be able to finance the life I thought I wanted.
Fair enough
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Wanting to be successful in life
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 1 month ago
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by I'mnotginger)
To an extent, yes.
Also because asian parents love bragging to family and friends about how well their children are doing, they see it as a competition.
Rufus The Red
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I've legally got to go to school so I might as well make the best of a bad lot, plus you need to at least do halfway well at school to go down the general route I'd like to.
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0ptics)
You could say that…
…whatever hyperbole you can come up with that, it isn’t a hyperbole. Just caring to the extreme, you could say
i agree, 'caring' isnt exactly the right word to describe asian parents...
Reddy5001
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
wanting to not be stopped from doing anything due to lack of qualifications
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Wanting to go to university
kolme
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It's the only thing my mum can be proud of in me
I'm a disappointment child and literally every other kind of success is out of my reach
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.8%
Okay (106)
29.69%
A bit lacking (130)
36.41%
Not good at all (86)
24.09%

Watched Threads