Is it cheating to encourage flirting?

Watch
Theoneandoyytdj
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just as the title says really. If you’re in a relationship, and don’t say anything NSFW but encourage flirting, is this infidelity?
flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Unless there is an intention to do something, then no I personally wouldn’t consider it cheating. Everyone is different with views of cheating.
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theoneandoyytdj)
Just as the title says really. If you’re in a relationship, and don’t say anything NSFW but encourage flirting, is this infidelity?
:yep:
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Everyone has their own definition of what constitutes cheating, some would be fine with that behaviour but others wouldn't be. Whichever group you fall into is perfectly valid. I'd say even if it wasn't technically cheating, it's still *****y behaviour and disrespectful.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Theoneandoyytdj)
I would say so. Why are you encouraging people to flirt with you if you're in a committed relationship? Why do you want other people to look at you the way your partner does? If you want to flirt and date, leave the relationship.
TFEU
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think it’s cheating if it’s something they wouldn’t do in front of their partner.

People have different definitions though so don’t let me stop you from enjoying your life.
username4591444
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Cheating is just one form of disloyalty
Theoneandoyytdj
Rep:
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would say so. Why are you encouraging people to flirt with you if you're in a committed relationship? Why do you want other people to look at you the way your partner does? If you want to flirt and date, leave the relationship.
It’s not something I do, It happened once with someone who was flirting with me and I guess I did it to feel better about myself- I never wanted to leave my partner!
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't be happy with it.
Theoneandoyytdj
Rep:
Would you class it as cheating though?
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the level of 'flirting' and how it is defined.
It is either flirting so I would be unhappy with it or cheating and I would be even more unhappy.
Iownuk
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You shouldn’t be flirting or encouraging flirting with anyone other than your lover. Doing so makes you morally corrupt
ROTL94
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I certainly wouldn't do it, I'd feel dirty and not in the fun way.
Theoneandoyytdj
Rep:
(Original post by Iownuk)
You shouldn’t be flirting or encouraging flirting with anyone other than your lover. Doing so makes you morally corrupt
Would you class this as cheating though? And for background It was a very long time ago and only happened once btw.
Cote1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The question is whether you would class it as cheating or the person you were with.
Theoneandoyytdj
Rep:
(Original post by Cote1)
It depends on the level of 'flirting' and how it is defined.
It is either flirting so I would be unhappy with it or cheating and I would be even more unhappy.
The only example is that, I knew he liked feet and would ask for pictures of my socks and I actually sent them
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think it’s cheating per se but if you’re secure in your relationship and not looking for anything else then why would you even want to encourage flirting and potentially lead someone on?
Last edited by Son of the Sea; 1 month ago
Theoneandoyytdj
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
:yep:
Ooooh thanks for responding! What’s your reasoning?
Theoneandoyytdj
Rep:
(Original post by xxx0xxxo)
Cheating is just one form of disloyalty
Would this be cheating to you?
Theoneandoyytdj
Rep:
(Original post by Cote1)
The question is whether you would class it as cheating or the person you were with.
If it’s any help, my partner is too lovely to see the situation clearly, that’s why it would be great to hear your opinion!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (14)
9.46%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (3)
2.03%
Finding the time to revise (9)
6.08%
Finding the motivation (43)
29.05%
Getting distracted (22)
14.86%
Procrastination (56)
37.84%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.68%

Watched Threads