The Student Room Group

Having covid during GCSE’s?

Hey ,

I had a random thought occur to me today:

Because the silly goverment have already tried to (and are still foolishly trying) to make it sooo clear that exams will go ahead this year, what do u think would happen if a student tested positive on the day of their GCSE’s? The reason im asking is because during my PPE’s a few months back my teacher was explaining the importance of punctuality on our GCSE exam day’s as we can only take it when the rest of the country is taking a certain exam coz she said ‘once the time is up for the paper, that paper is not secure coz the answers’ll be everywhere, eg on the internet, discussed over twitter, etc…)

So what would happen if someone got covid?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi - that is quite a good question!

Something like this has definitely happened before e.g. someone missing their GCSE due to extenuating circumstances, which I presume would also include testing positive for COVID now

Usually what happens is that if you miss one GCSE then you wouldn't be given a grade, and you would have to sit the autumn exam resits. Then if you miss multiple exams, you might receive expected grades, or recieve no grades at all and so would have to resit them all at the next available date (November resits or even the next GCSE exam season)

Really depends on the school..

Quick Reply

Latest