I am 24 years old and have never had a girlfriend

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Not only am I neither dashing nor charismatic, but also I have no idea of how a heterosexual relationship can begin.

I am alone, but not lonely. I don't know if freedom from solitude is better than shackles from relationship. I want to have my Mrs. right, though the odds seem to diminish without limit as time goes by.

What do you think?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
How? Even I have had a few and I am no looker, also 3 years older than you but that's negligible.
Anonymous #1
More incomprehensible than enigma
Gaddafi
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't know if freedom from solitude is better than shackles from relationship.
Good relationship> No relationship > Bad relationship
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
You know that the partner you choose will dictate how you’re going to be for the rest of your life, whether happy or sad or constant anger or feeling warm around them. I don’t think that anyone should be in a rush to make such a massive decision until it presents itself and the heart is content with it. 24 is still a young age. Good things take time, the same way I’m hopeful that Arteta will succeed at Arsenal but it’s definitely gonna take its toll and time 🤧🤧
ROTL94
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
More incomprehensible than enigma
What is? Women? They're really not that complex.
Anonymous #1
The reason why I have never had a girlfriend.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They say it happens when you least expect it, whats the rush
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
They say it happens when you least expect it, whats the rush
Why do you think I am in a rush?
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Why do you think I am in a rush?
idk, are you?
Anonymous #1
idk, are you?
No. How about you?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
What has been so hard?
Have you never fancied anyone enough to approach them? Fear of rejection?
Anonymous #1
What has been so hard?
Have you never fancied anyone enough to approach them? Fear of rejection?
I had loved a girl a bit older than me during undergrad for four years before she eventually threw me out of her followers' list just three days ahead of my graduation ceremony (which was cancelled for some tragic reasons). She is not beautiful at all, I don't know I am such dumb to have loved her throughout my undergrad. Since then, I have never wanted to let myself fancy a girl.
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No. How about you?
Im 22 and never been in a relationship either. I rather take my time and meet the right person than rush into one only for it to go to :poo:

Have you tried dating apps or anything like that?
Last edited by 1secondsofvamps; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Im 22 and never been in a relationship either. I rather take my time and meet the right person than rush into one only for it to go to :poo:

Have you tried dating apps or anything like that?
I am not such depraved to use a dating app.
Scotney
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I had loved a girl a bit older than me during undergrad for four years before she eventually threw me out of her followers' list just three days ahead of my graduation ceremony (which was cancelled for some tragic reasons). She is not beautiful at all, I don't know I am such dumb to have loved her throughout my undergrad. Since then, I have never wanted to let myself fancy a girl.
Ahhh!Unrequited love the bain of us all!Time to move on buddy.
Last edited by Scotney; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Scotney)
Ahhh!Unrequited love the bain of us all!Time to move on buddy.
I no longer give her a damn. I don't know where she is now.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Hey that’s not dumb, and also you don’t have to love someone just because they look beautiful or not. To you clearly she was, whether that was outwardly or not. Honestly I think it’s better to love someone for the person they are. I’ve been in love with and probably still am with a man who not does seem attractive. Nevertheless you can’t let these things hold you back from finding love, actual love, a real relationship.
Now that you’ve achieved your first class degree, which is quite an accomplishment! It’s time to live a little!
Anonymous #1
Hey that’s not dumb, and also you don’t have to love someone just because they look beautiful or not. To you clearly she was, whether that was outwardly or not. Honestly I think it’s better to love someone for the person they are. I’ve been in love with and probably still am with a man who not does seem attractive. Nevertheless you can’t let these things hold you back from finding love, actual love, a real relationship.
Now that you’ve achieved your first class degree, which is quite an accomplishment! It’s time to live a little!
My undergrad degree is second low
Anonymous #1
You know that the partner you choose will dictate how you’re going to be for the rest of your life, whether happy or sad or constant anger or feeling warm around them. I don’t think that anyone should be in a rush to make such a massive decision until it presents itself and the heart is content with it. 24 is still a young age. Good things take time, the same way I’m hopeful that Arteta will succeed at Arsenal but it’s definitely gonna take its toll and time 🤧🤧
You are right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.3%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.48%
No (82)
26.54%
I'm not sure (33)
10.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise