How much does one failed GCSE affect your Uni application?

Watch
Smiggles773
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I got a 1 in photography, I hated the subject and didn't pick it so I didn't try. I didn't even turn up to one of the exams. However, I would like to apply to the Uni of Glasgow and was wondering how much this would affect my application. I am studying chemistry, maths and physics A-levels so I want to apply for something completly different and unrelated - if that matters.
Last edited by Smiggles773; 1 month ago
Filthy Communist
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I think so long as you have enough decent GCSEs they probably won't care. GCSEs mean very little in the first place, especially for a uni like Glasgow which is good but not mega-competitive.
han1all
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Smiggles773)
So I got a 1 in photography, I hated the subject and didn't pick it so I didn't try. I didn't even turn up to one of the exams. However, I would like to apply to the Uni of Glasgow and was wondering how much this would affect my application. I am studying chemistry, maths and physics A-levels so I want to apply for something completly different and unrelated - if that matters.
I failed all of my GCSEs I only passed English literature and got into a decent university. I am currently studying law.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
pfft...they won't care 2 hoots about GCSE Photography
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you've got a handful of decent GCSE results then it's not going to make the slightest bit of difference.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As Admit-One says, it's really not going to make the slightest bit of difference, so long as the GCSE isn't in a relevant subject, or is a required entry requirement - which clearly it isn't, going by your post. If you wanted to study photography at uni, it might be a different matter...
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I failed art at GCSE and it has had no effect at all
Last edited by gjd800; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads