The Student Room Group

Westminster School Sixth Form Entrance Exams

hello, im taking the math exam. do you know if the format of the questions will be like solving for answers, or the explanation/ show type of question? will there be drawing of diagrams and stuff? what are the topics tested?
Original post by maidajajja
Hi, I applied there 2 years ago and did pass the exam section to then get the interview and I also did the maths exam, the topics are mainly what you've done at GCSE so you don't need to worry about trying to learn a level content and I don't really remember but take all of maths equipment just in case you do have to draw. the questions are the same type of questions you would get in a GCSE exam.

Hi I am going for the exam on 6th of November so in just under 2 weeks and was hoping you had any advice on how to get in. I am taking Maths, Chemistry, Biology and English Literature for my A levels. I read on another thread that the Westminster maths questions are similar to the Uk maths challenge senior and Olympiad, is this true? Do you know anything about the other subjects I am taking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I also did the biology exam and did physics as my interview subject and all you need to be confident on is the content you learnt at school, but I remember for the biology exam I had to write up how I would do a practical and that required me to actually think through because it wasn't a practical I had done but apart from that the question was fine. I suppose the maths questions are a little challenging to see your thought process but its what you'll have learnt at gcse.

I haven't memorised any of the required practicals do you think that I need to do this for chemistry and biology? For interviews do they only interview on one subject or all 4 bcuz u said u chose physics as your interview subject? Thank you for the response.
I apologise is thought this was about Harris Westminster the sixth form in London. But I believe the school you are applying to isn't the same one I thought it was.

Oh I was talking about the Westminster school not harris westminster thought the two are closely related. Westminster is the private one with harder entrance exams.
there are plenty of 6th form entrance papers for other schools here:

https://hampsteadandfrognaltutors.org.uk/entrance-exam-papers/
Hey, I’m applying this year for entry in Westminster. Did the further maths test have any proofs in it? What was the test like?
Original post by jules14916
Hey, I’m applying this year for entry in Westminster. Did the further maths test have any proofs in it? What was the test like?

I did it last year and got an offer from westminster. I made a thread about advice on it all with your question answered which you can find here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7165673

Quick Reply

Latest