ocean2222
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently first year law student at a university, but I don’t like the university I’m at and I haven’t met the right people etc. I don’t like how isolated university is as well, So my question is can I drop out and apply through UCAS (my grades are pretty good) to a different university for the next year?
AbrahamP
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ocean2222)
I’m currently first year law student at a university, but I don’t like the university I’m at and I haven’t met the right people etc. I don’t like how isolated university is as well, So my question is can I drop out and apply through UCAS (my grades are pretty good) to a different university for the next year?
You could, however if you're doing the same degree and re-doing the year next year. Why not just apply for a transfer for year 2. Do you dislike the current university that much? Give it a few more weeks at least, to really settle in, just to make sure you really want to go thorough with withdrawing. But yes, you could drop out and apply next year.
ocean2222
Rep:
(Original post by AbrahamP)
You could, however if you're doing the same degree and re-doing the year next year. Why not just apply for a transfer for year 2. Do you dislike the current university that much? Give it a few more weeks at least, to really settle in, just to make sure you really want to go thorough with withdrawing. But yes, you could drop out and apply next year.
the lessons are online here so I don't know how I could apply to do a second year transfer at a different university because they want 2.1 minimum also I don't know which universities accept transfer students especially I don't think London universities do
AbrahamP
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the lessons are online here so I don't know how I could apply to do a second year transfer at a different university because they want 2.1 minimum also I don't know which universities accept transfer students especially I don't think London universities do
I think its worth calling up unis to see if they accept transfers normally you can just email them or check their websites and they'll get back to you. I know you could pull off a 2:1 if you put your mind to it . Ultimately its your decision on if you want to drop out but do contact other unis (London ones should be fine).
ocean2222
Rep:
I think its worth calling up unis to see if they accept transfers normally you can just email them or check their websites and they'll get back to you. I know you could pull off a 2:1 if you put your mind to it . Ultimately its your decision on if you want to drop out but do contact other unis (London ones should be fine).
Thank you for your encouragement, I feel very upset lately because the university didn't fit my expectations. So can I drop out and apply through UCAS by the deadline with my existing A level grades?
AbrahamP
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for your encouragement, I feel very upset lately because the university didn't fit my expectations. So can I drop out and apply through UCAS by the deadline with my existing A level grades?
Yeah you should be able to, I also recently dropped out, and UCAS said that I can still apply next year with my existing grades. So do it quickly if you're deadset, cause UCAS will be processing a lot of applications within these next few weeks. Sorry the uni didnt meet your expectations at least you wont be payin 9k for a uni you dont wanna go to
Last edited by AbrahamP; 1 month ago
ocean2222
Rep:
Yeah you should be able to, recently I also recently dropped out, and UCAS said that I can still apply next year with my existing grades. So do it quickly if you're deadset, cause UCAS will be processing a lot of applications within these next few weeks. Sorry the uni didnt meet your expectations at least you wont be payin 9k for a uni you dont wanna go to
Thank you, I resit one A level because I knew I could improve my grade so I am waiting for my results
AbrahamP
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you, I resit one A level because I knew I could improve my grade so I am waiting for my results
Hope you improved on your grade and get into a uni you enjoy!
ocean2222
Rep:
Yeah you should be able to, I also recently dropped out, and UCAS said that I can still apply next year with my existing grades. So do it quickly if you're deadset, cause UCAS will be processing a lot of applications within these next few weeks. Sorry the uni didnt meet your expectations at least you wont be payin 9k for a uni you dont wanna go to
Yeah hopefully I can just drop out. How did you do it? did you find it overwhelming?
ocean2222
Rep:
Hope you improved on your grade and get into a uni you enjoy!
Thank you! Hopefully I did or otherwise I will be stuck in a depressing place for 3 years
AbrahamP
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah hopefully I can just drop out. How did you do it? did you find it overwhelming?
I contacted the academic advisor who directed me to the office department. They get you to sign a withdrawal form and after they process that, you'll be withdrawn. It's not overwhelming at all but do contact your uni quickly
AbrahamP
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you! Hopefully I did or otherwise I will be stuck in a depressing place for 3 years
It happens, at least you know you don't wanna spend your 3 years there, and now you're taking steps to find a uni that you prefer
ocean2222
Rep:
It happens, at least you know you don't wanna spend your 3 years there, and now you're taking steps to find a uni that you prefer
I see, have you applied through UCAS already?
AbrahamP
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I see, have you applied through UCAS already?
Done everything but my college aren't getting back to me with my references, gotta pressure them more haha.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just to note that you don’t need to drop out of your current Uni to apply again through UCAS. You can apply, see what offers you get, and then decide what you want to do.

You must declare your current place of study on your application and you may be asked for a reference from your current Uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.7%
Okay (56)
30.43%
A bit lacking (63)
34.24%
Not good at all (49)
26.63%

Watched Threads