Are traits like macho and not following rules deal breakers for women?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are personality traits like macho, not following rules and conventions in a guy a reason a woman would likely reject him?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Are personality traits like macho, not following rules and conventions in a guy a reason a woman would likely reject him?
Some women who are obsessed with Wattpad usually fantasise about macho guys
ROTL94
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Is macho a personality trait or is it a combination of traits because I'd be inclined toward the latter, but depends on what your definition of macho is because over the past few years I have seen masculine behaviour framed 'toxic' so depends on the woman as it always does.
Anonymous #1
Some masculine behaviour might be toxic.
ROTL94
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Some masculine behaviour might be toxic.
I don't see much strength in that argument at all, only the prejudice of the person who's espousing it, because they usually mean abusive behaviour and being abusive is not inherent to being a man, and women are perfectly capable of doing horrifically abusive things as well.
Anonymous #1
Not necessarily being abusive. Just being dominant and not respecting others. What kind of horrifically abusive things do women do?
TFEU
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m highly unlikely to be attracted to a guy who describes themselves as ‘macho’. Being dominant and disrespectful are also not qualities I look for in a partner.

You need to expand on ‘not following rules and conventions’. If it manifests in the form of ‘I’m so quirky’, or ‘nO oNE cAN foRCe me tO gET vaCCINATed’, then f*ck no.

Generally speaking, what you wrote is a turn off for me.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What kind of horrifically abusive things do women do?
Pretty much the same as men; verbal abuse, physical abuse (like hitting, slapping, kicking, burning, stabbing), coercion, deprivation, torture, murder...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Pretty much the same as men; verbal abuse, physical abuse (like hitting, slapping, kicking, burning, stabbing), coercion, deprivation, torture, murder...
Statistically men do it more.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the specific individual.
Different people have very different attraction dealbreakers and relationship preferences.
But most people don't want to date a thuggish, criminal or obnoxious individual.
Nor someone with lousy personal hygience and an entitled mindset.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.85%
Okay (65)
28.76%
A bit lacking (85)
37.61%
Not good at all (56)
24.78%

Watched Threads