username5821191
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Couldn't find a thread for this so started one

1) Predicted/ Achieved Scores
2) Subject Combination
3) Colleges Applied or planning to apply and why
4) Acknowledgement /Offer updates
5) Anything you want to discuss related to the course and application process
Last edited by username5821191; 1 month ago
mjhmichael18
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I will be starting at De Montfort University next academic year doing Accounting and Finance BA Hons after doing a kind of gap year and deferring while doing an AAT Level 2 course and a supported internship course.

If anyone wants to follow me or chat and make friends here are my socials:
Instagram-mjhmichael
Snapchat-mjhmichael

If anyone else is also doing a gap year and deferring please let me know.

If anyone else is doing Accounting and Finance BA Hons please let me know.

I am looking forward to starting next October and I hope to fit and settle in well. Luckily for me my home is only a 30-50 minute drive away depending on traffic.

Some of you may remember me from last year, I am Michael Joseph Harrison. I did my application last year but I am deferring for a year while doing an AAT Level 2 course and supported internship course for a year. When I start in October 2022, I will be doing Accounting and Finance BA Hons. Definitely going to be going to De Montfort University, I did apply to other universities originally but I declined their offers due to them being further away from home and the other one that was near my home was only my insurance but I was so lucky to still get into my firm which was De Montfort University even though I did not get that A-Level grades I was hoping for.
The A-Level and BTEC results I got were EEMerit. I was hoping for BBMerit but I was so shocked when I found I still got into my firm. GCSE grades:2,2,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,4,4,5,5,5,5. For extra-curriculars: I did do Preparation for Adulthood for 2 years. I also did NCS back in July 2018 and I have been lucky to do work at the Warwick University Clinical Trials Unit for 2 years in the summer. I am not sure how this relates to my course but I was not sure what extra-curriculars Accounting and Finance students would do or should do. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Last edited by mjhmichael18; 2 weeks ago
Angelj16
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm on a gap year and I'm reapplying, just did the October math exams and definitely got an A.

1. A-Levels: A*AA
GCSE's: 987777764
2. im applying to (for a+f)
LSE: LSE is one of the finest institutions out there for what I want to study. Checked out the course and modules and I like the course a lot, the department of accounting looks really interesting and I also think LSE's employment prospects are excellent for me (Im interested in IB and consulting). I also live in London.
Warwick: WBS is an excellent institution, excellent course modules and great employment prospects.
3. mathematics, economics and computer science
4. haven't applied yet as I'm waiting on my grade but will be done soon
5. Yeah just wondering what you've done in your personal statement?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (103)
34.56%
Yes - a trusted person (85)
28.52%
No (78)
26.17%
I'm not sure (32)
10.74%

Watched Threads