Advice needed for getting my money back

Watch
anon9-8
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So in September after having left uni due to personal reasons on the 12th. I had received an email from accommodation on the 28th to say that within 10 working days I will have my deposit and any rent paid back to me the 10 days passed I rang them up they said that accounts are backed up. I understood I gave them another 12 days I rang them up to be told that it was on accounts to release the money to me. Come next Saturday it will have been a month since I got the email about my money being returned and need some advice on what to do. It’s not a small amount of money I’m owed back either
TheMcSame
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anon9-8)
So in September after having left uni due to personal reasons on the 12th. I had received an email from accommodation on the 28th to say that within 10 working days I will have my deposit and any rent paid back to me the 10 days passed I rang them up they said that accounts are backed up. I understood I gave them another 12 days I rang them up to be told that it was on accounts to release the money to me. Come next Saturday it will have been a month since I got the email about my money being returned and need some advice on what to do. It’s not a small amount of money I’m owed back either
Send them a letter/email of intent stating you're prepared to take legal action to retrieve the money plus compensation for being deprived of this "not a small amount of money". Giving them say... Another 2 weeks.

During that time look into how you'd go about pursuing them via court action just in case they try to call a bluff. Though I suspect they won't. The prospect of being out of pocket even more than they would otherwise tends to be enough.
Last edited by TheMcSame; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise