Is 30k a good salary for a fresh graduate?

Watch
Amydesigns1104
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m 22 and have recently finished my masters and have just secured my first ‘ proper’ job. I’m so driven and just want to be super successful. How many years do people usually stay on the same salary before getting an increase/ promotion? Is £30k good?
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
£30k is a decent starting salary after graduation - the vast majority of grad schemes pay anywhere from £23k to £35k with the odd exception. You'll generally stay on that salary for the first two or three years before you think about promotion or moving to a new organisation.

Although this depends entirely on what field your working in. A graduate software engineer for example could be on £70k in under five years whereas it may take somebody else most of their career to earn that kind of money.
Little pecker
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Seems good, only places that pay more at tech, law, banking and strat consulting (and Aldi)
Last edited by Little pecker; 1 month ago
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yeah it's good. avg grad salary is like 25k
VannR
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Coming fresh out of university, this is absolutely fine. You'll find progression differs between industries though. I know in tech the progress can be quite rapid, I graduated 2 years ago and started on a "work-until-you-die" start-up job for £22k, but now I'm on £50k and relatively junior at my firm.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (106)
34.42%
Yes - a trusted person (88)
28.57%
No (81)
26.3%
I'm not sure (33)
10.71%

Watched Threads