sunsetlover321
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Choices:
* Northumbria
* Derby
* Cumbria
* Sheffield Hallam
I would like to go to the best univeristy I can so which one would be the best?
I would like to study occupational therapy and I would also like on that has good career prospects as well.
Also, is there a comparison site that I can use to compare the univerisites?
james.m64
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunsetlover321)
Choices:
* Northumbria
* Derby
* Cumbria
* Sheffield Hallam
I would like to study occupational therapy and I would also like on that has good career prospects as well.
You can try unifrog for a comparison of the unis.
When I was finding the best unis for Music, I used something along these lines. https://www.university-list.net/uk/rank/univ-14056.html This tells you the best unis ranked in the UK for occupational therapy. Try some different sources too.
The website for each one should tell you about the career prospects for your subject, have a good look at those, maybe see if any alumni have spoken about their careers on the occupational therapy section of each uni website.
Make sure to look at location too, to make sure that it is a place where you would actually like to live.
Best of luck!!
sunsetlover321
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by james.m64)
You can try unifrog for a comparison of the unis.
When I was finding the best unis for Music, I used something along these lines. https://www.university-list.net/uk/rank/univ-14056.html This tells you the best unis ranked in the UK for occupational therapy. Try some different sources too.
The website for each one should tell you about the career prospects for your subject, have a good look at those, maybe see if any alumni have spoken about their careers on the occupational therapy section of each uni website.
Make sure to look at location too, to make sure that it is a place where you would actually like to live.
Best of luck!!
Thank you!!!
I have looked at theuniguide website but unsure if statistics are accurate?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Choices:
* Northumbria
* Derby
* Cumbria
* Sheffield Hallam
Hi sunsetlover321

How do you define "best"? There is life beyond league tables, some people may be happiest in a big city, some may want a small out of town campus, some people may need somewhere cheap to live, or far away from their families.

Have you looked at the modules for each course, there may be some that really excite you. If you can, go to open days, they are very revealing! There are many things you can consider, but nobody can say "this is the best one for you!"

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Ambassador
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It wont matter.
The NHS wont care where you trained - and neither will your future patients.
Northumbria University UG Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Choices:
* Northumbria
* Derby
* Cumbria
* Sheffield Hallam
Hi sunsetlover321

It is great you are considering Northumbria University! We are ranked 6th in the UK for Occupational Therapy by the Complete University Guide 2022 - https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...tional-therapy

A good way to find the right university for you is to check out the modules available and see which ones interest you the most! Here is a link to the modules we have available - https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-...-hons-uufocl1/

It will also be helpful to visit the university at an Open Day to really get a feel for the place! Northumbria's main campus is located in Newcastle city centre, so you will be close to lots of shops and restaurants. We have an Open Day coming up on the 20th November, if you would like to book a place follow this link - northumbria.ac.uk/ugopendays

Best of luck!

Becky
UG Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.54%
Okay (72)
29.27%
A bit lacking (92)
37.4%
Not good at all (61)
24.8%

Watched Threads