Kingrazza
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m currently in year 11 and it’s the half term break and I’ve decided to quit gcse Arabic because I’m literally getting nowhere. I have so many questions!! Should I be dropping a subject so late? Should I be revising for it right now because my mocks are coming up or should I revise for everything else because I intend to drop it anyway? I’ve emailed the headteacher about it and she said she’ll discuss it with my Arabic teacher and the welfare teacher. Ive made my decision that i definitely want to drop it I’m just worried that 9 GCSEs won’t be enough. Including Arabic i would have ten but without I’d have 9. Is it a good idea to drop it? I have had so much stress and anxiety last year and I am going to have lots of anxiety over it this year too if I were to continue because I barely know any content. I’m at a grade 6 level but I don’t even think I’m capable of a grade 4. The time I spend on Arabic I feel like I am wasting because I think that I could be using that time making my other grades (6s and 7s) better. I don’t think anyone has dropped a subject before in yr 11 in my school as far as I know but there isn’t a problem with where I’m supposed to go if I were to drop it because a new girl in my class does 2 less GCSEs than us and she does her own work in the ict room so I can just go there. But yeah can someone give me some advice on what to do!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kingrazza)
I’m currently in year 11 and it’s the half term break and I’ve decided to quit gcse Arabic because I’m literally getting nowhere. I have so many questions!! Should I be dropping a subject so late? Should I be revising for it right now because my mocks are coming up or should I revise for everything else because I intend to drop it anyway? I’ve emailed the headteacher about it and she said she’ll discuss it with my Arabic teacher and the welfare teacher. Ive made my decision that i definitely want to drop it I’m just worried that 9 GCSEs won’t be enough. Including Arabic i would have ten but without I’d have 9. Is it a good idea to drop it? I have had so much stress and anxiety last year and I am going to have lots of anxiety over it this year too if I were to continue because I barely know any content. I’m at a grade 6 level but I don’t even think I’m capable of a grade 4. The time I spend on Arabic I feel like I am wasting because I think that I could be using that time making my other grades (6s and 7s) better. I don’t think anyone has dropped a subject before in yr 11 in my school as far as I know but there isn’t a problem with where I’m supposed to go if I were to drop it because a new girl in my class does 2 less GCSEs than us and she does her own work in the ict room so I can just go there. But yeah can someone give me some advice on what to do!
9 GCSEs is plenty - if its affecting you so much then drop it. You may need to sit in the lessons and do other work - the school can't make you carry on.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As Muttley says, 9 GCSEs is definitely enough. To be honest 5 is the bare minimum most sixth forms or colleges ask for, so even giving yourself a bit of breathing room, 7 or more is fine.
Kingrazza
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Kingrazza)
Hey guys quick update
Ive let my school know but the damn woman is so persistent on me continuing with the course. I cannot reason with her at all I have said everything possible to say in order for her to consider letting me drop this subject. She just won’t listen. Unsure what to do, because I’m definitely not able to turn my grade around in the next few months because I have mosque every day for 3 hours on school days, clearly not enough time at all to make a complete u turn and prove to myself that I “can do it”. They can’t force me to do the subject right? I mean I can’t miss classes until they Finally agree with me because they’ll just exclude me lol. What the heck do i dooooo?? There’s has to be some gcse law that says you can’t force a student to do a subject if they don’t want to do it, right?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads