Niamh.1
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I really enjoy biology and think it’s interesting and I’m good at it. I have put it on my applications for sixth forms however I have seen people saying it’s really hard and I’m worried that I am making the wrong choice. Would anyone who has taken it be able to give me an objective view on biology a level please?
pregcat
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
im in my second year of a levels right now and doing bio. Look into uni courses or what you want to do in later life and whether bio is needed/preferred, if yes do it.

Depending on what grade you want to get/need for unis, look at what your school has gotten in a level bio in past years (bear in mind the last 2 years students were given grades). Look at the bio department at your college and see if they are good teachers.

good teachers really make a difference. however, if you have a textbook, make notes from it and PRACTICE SO MANY PAST PAPER QUESTIONS. that is the main thing!! it is a lot of content but if you enjoy it and are willing to do extra work in your own time then go for it.

lastly, dont believe the people that say you have to do maths with it, whilst maths would be helpful it is NOT essential, however it would be helpful to have gotten a 6789 in maths at gcse!
emek4official
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What other A Levels are you choosing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.7%
Okay (56)
30.43%
A bit lacking (63)
34.24%
Not good at all (49)
26.63%

Watched Threads