jordanp7
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If you are interested in taking a Chemistry-related course at University, it's encouraged to also partake in wider reading of the subject you wish to go into. I've assembled a collection of books/science journals and found the absolute cheapest price on Amazon if you wanna read them. This is also useful if you are undecided on where you would like to go in the future: now is your chance to have a look what the subject area is like!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iz0...ew?usp=sharing

(In the past, I've read Bad Science and it's really good Would defo recommend!)

If anyone has any recommendations for books, whether that be Chemistry related, or related to another subject - please do reply/message me and I'll be sure to share them!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much!! this is a really useful thread! I'm planning to apply to Oxford for Chemistry next year and reading material are quite hard to find and this really helped!
alice_226
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Thank you so much!! this is a really useful thread! I'm planning to apply to Oxford for Chemistry next year and reading material are quite hard to find and this really helped!
current oxford student here- the best possible book to prepare for interviews and to introduce you to undergrad chem topics is why do chemical reactions happen. other than this, the series of oxford chemistry primers has been really helpful during my time here, so maybe start to browse through those (there are around 100 so just pick a few that interest you). also something to note is that popular science are just as, if not more, valuable indicators of passion on a personal statement than textbooks, so i would recommend checking out the chem section in waterstones/blackwells etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (17)
8.99%
Okay (56)
29.63%
A bit lacking (66)
34.92%
Not good at all (50)
26.46%

Watched Threads