sunsetlover321
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which one should I pursue?
I would like a job at the end of uni and good career prospects - would I be offered this if I do a placement?
I also don't work well under pressure in extremely stressful situations
YouAreEnough
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I don’t want to put you off, but an occupational therapist is a demanding job and can emotionally drain you as you said u cant work in stressful situations, maybe it isn’t suited for you, but this job is really rewarding and makes you feel good that you helped someone.
Ash1234
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunsetlover321)
Which one should I pursue?
I would like a job at the end of uni and good career prospects - would I be offered this if I do a placement?
I also don't work well under pressure in extremely stressful situations
I feel any health profession job is stressful and you have to work under pressure.

Have you had any healthcare assistant work experience in a hospital or care home setting to get an idea off the work environment and some observation off the working life???

Once you do both courses then you could go onto doing a masters or some sort of top up course that could redirect you into another job profession within the healthcare environment.

Placements - Yes you will be. Check the course plan on the University websites most healthcare degrees have you doing placements throughout the 3 years.

Adult Nursing could open the doors to social work after graduating if you do a Masters course????

It comes down to how many OT roles are there vs how many Adult Nursing/Nursing roles are there in the job market and I don't think you can predict the workforce off 3 years can you???

It might be worth finding out whether you can convert and become an OT after doing an Adult Nursing degree.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/exp...elp%20patients.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/occupational-therapy/
Last edited by Ash1234; 1 month ago
sunsetlover321
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ash1234)
I feel any health profession job is stressful and you have to work under pressure.

Have you had any healthcare assistant work experience in a hospital or care home setting to get an idea off the work environment and some observation off the working life???

Once you do both courses then you could go onto doing a masters or some sort of top up course that could redirect you into another job profession within the healthcare environment.

Placements - Yes you will be. Check the course plan on the University websites most healthcare degrees have you doing placements throughout the 3 years.

Adult Nursing could open the doors to social work after graduating if you do a Masters course????

It comes down to how many OT roles are there vs how many Adult Nursing/Nursing roles are there in the job market and I don't think you can predict the workforce off 3 years can you???

It might be worth finding out whether you can convert and become an OT after doing an Adult Nursing degree.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/exp...elp%20patients.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/occupational-therapy/
I looked into it and I know I can convert.
There are more nurse jobs than OT jobs but I feel like I have more of a passion for OT than nursing.
Also, there is still a shortage for OT's = I think career prospects are like 90 something percent for the unis that I would like to go to (found info on theuniguide website)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
9.01%
Okay (65)
29.28%
A bit lacking (83)
37.39%
Not good at all (54)
24.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed