Access To HE - Maths Modules - how to get distinctions?

Watch
kcdignan
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all,

I’m just wondering if anyone has completed an Access Course involving Maths modules? The assignment criteria for distinctions seems more relevant to Humanities (do your own research, proper grammar etc), I can’t help but think if you do the correct mathematical method, show workings, it can’t be any better - does anyone have any experience in this?

I’m worried as my target unis need mostly distinctions and we can’t resubmit.
AbrahamP
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kcdignan)
Hello all,

I’m just wondering if anyone has completed an Access Course involving Maths modules? The assignment criteria for distinctions seems more relevant to Humanities (do your own research, proper grammar etc), I can’t help but think if you do the correct mathematical method, show workings, it can’t be any better - does anyone have any experience in this?

I’m worried as my target unis need mostly distinctions and we can’t resubmit.
Do your tutors provide past papers and a solution to them? Because with the maths modules each criteria will always be the same but the questions will be changed up (eg is you do a trig exam, question 6a/b will always be asking about trig identities so you'd just revise that strictly). Bearing that in mind and simply attempting questions that those criteria asses will be enough to make sure you get a distinction. Just do past papers and questions similar to those and you'll easily get a distinction. Normally you have to show the full working out for part a but part b of the question doesn't matter as long as you get the correct answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.93%
Okay (65)
29.02%
A bit lacking (84)
37.5%
Not good at all (55)
24.55%

Watched Threads