The Student Room Group

Should I transfer unis?

It’s my 1st year at this uni and I rly do not like it. There r only 3 buildings, there r barely any clubs- mostly just gaming or religious, and no organization for international students, which made the adjustment period hard for me. My course only has 3 classes a week. Only 1 do we actually learn something. The other class goes over like writing tables and graphs(this is nutrition) & they spend half the time trying to explain ppl what to do, and the other is a lab where it’s not clear wth were doing. All the important info has to be self taught based on 60 page google slides online. They barely remention the info u learn, so u never use it again until the final exam. Over all, this is a really unengaging experience, the social aspect is bad, the course teaching method is bad and boring and hard to retain. my teachers are mediocre, and this whole experience has left me depressed, unsure of my life path, and unmotivated in all areas. Should I transfer out?
If you have a better option then u should
You can apply to move elsewhere next academic year without risking your current place

You must declare your current university course on ucas and you will normally need a reference from your university tutor for a transfer into yr 2 at a new university. Set up a ucas account and start putting your application together

Quick Reply

Latest