Uni life decisions help??! (transfer/reapply?)

Watch
lion132
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've started my first year of history at Edinburgh uni and I'm not loving it tbh, but I took a gap year idk how much I need to get back into learning. Long story short felt a bit pushed into history as I didn't know what else to do, its alright but I don't love it. I'm really interested in a career in commercial law magic circle when I graduate... so debating to transfer to English uni for next September year 2 to get history done a year quicker in a place I like a lot more but I want a good rep uni (first choice would be bristol, much closer to home and I love the city or London but I know they're so oversubbed etc) OR debating to apply to law in England in January and start next sept as a fresher again but potentially in a course I like more? I don't know if I'd regret doing this/don't know If i actually know enough about law. I'm doing an international law elective atm and I far prefer it over history but have no idea if I'm any good at it but I like the challenge. I'm going to speak to the careers advisors next week but just really don't know what to do to help me make a decision
Last edited by lion132; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Edinburgh first year of a 4 year course wouldn’t be enough to transfer into 2nd year of a 3 year degree. The credits and levels aren’t compatible. You could look into switching to first year elsewhere next year or second year of a Scottish degree.

You can apply without risking your place at Edinburgh. But don’t wait until January - start filling out your application on ucas now. And speak to your tutor about getting a ucas reference
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Swapping to law at a top uni for next year will be hard now unless you have taken the LNAT already.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (39)
9.68%
Okay (119)
29.53%
A bit lacking (153)
37.97%
Not good at all (92)
22.83%

Watched Threads