Controlling and strange behavior from parent

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My dad is being very controlling and is forcing me to do the thing I do not want otherwise he is threatening to beat me up even though I am already 18+. He keeps on asking me to pick up a call (from one of his friends) and answer the call on his behalf since his English isn't good and is struggling to understand what the person is saying. I realise all they discuss are un-important staff and I said I am happy to help you out if you really need help but if you want to make friends with people then that is really your own personal business and I should not get involved but he said I was being selfish and not trying to help him out.

I am thinking to move out of the town soon with my new graduate job even though I will have to cover all the expenses myself but I really cannot stand living in a house where I am constantly being forced to do stuff and if I am not complying will be scorned at.

Are all parents like this? Forcing you to do the stuff you don't want to do?
Tegaaan15
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My dad is being very controlling and is forcing me to do the thing I do not want otherwise he is threatening to beat me up even though I am already 18+. He keeps on asking me to pick up a call (from one of his friends) and answer the call on his behalf since his English isn't good and is struggling to understand what the person is saying. I realise all they discuss are un-important staff and I said I am happy to help you out if you really need help but if you want to make friends with people then that is really your own personal business and I should not get involved but he said I was being selfish and not trying to help him out.

I am thinking to move out of the town soon with my new graduate job even though I will have to cover all the expenses myself but I really cannot stand living in a house where I am constantly being forced to do stuff and if I am not complying will be scorned at.

no all parents are not. your dad sounds very controlling and honestly the threatening to beat you up is concerning imo. I hope you're able to move out soon. stay safe please.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Move out
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Move out
I think he has some kind of mental issues and with the Pandemic and his financial crisis, he is just getting more out of control.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads