coolguy1707
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I didn't get a good enough grade in the A-Level for the degree I wanted to do and I didn't like any of the clearing options. So I wanna just redo that one A-Level next year privately with my own tutor. How will that work when I apply for uni the second time do I just tell them I'm resitting and they give me conditional or is there something else I can do?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
You list all of your acheived A level grades in acheived qualifications - including theone you are retaking.
You then list the retake in 'pending' qualifications. Any offer will specifiy a grade in only that A level.
BenC10166
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
In addition to what was said above as this is what I did to cut off loose ends, I advise you also email all the unis as soon as you apply to them and tell them about your situation just so they're clear why you have two of the same subject with one completed and the other pending. I just did Autumn exams and did this and all Unis responded saying they would add the email to my application so it was clear.

Just an idea to settle your peace of mind! It settled mine being able too see their reply that they knew I was taking autumn exams!

Rather than just trusting the process ya know, especially considering its a bit of a unique situation, it's better to be safe than sorry.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BenC10166)
I advise you also email all the unis as soon as you apply to them and tell them about your situation just so they're clear why you have two of the same subject with one completed and the other pending.
Pointless. Please do not clog up Uni email boxes with sort of stuff.
We are not so dim that we cannot work this out for ourselves - it will be totally obvious from the dates.
BenC10166
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Pointless. Please do not clog up Uni email boxes with sort of stuff.
We are not so dim that we cannot work this out for ourselves - it will be totally obvious from the dates.
This may be the case. I’m just telling my experience and what worked for me.

I was unsure what to do and phoned UCAS and this is exactly what they told me to do so 🤷🏻*♂️.

Suit yourself and do what you like. I simply did what I was told to, how am I supposed to know how clear it is to Unis, I’m an applicant. If I knew this in the first place then it would be common knowledge and threads like this wouldn’t appear.

Fact is it’s not obvious because this is only the second set of Autumn exams. It may be obvious to Unis and I know it’s irritating having emails clog up for them which to them are pointless, however I only get one application. I want to be as clear as possible.

It’s not an insult to the university administration’s intelligence by any means.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.79%
Okay (95)
29.05%
A bit lacking (119)
36.39%
Not good at all (81)
24.77%

Watched Threads