Bwebb90
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve just applied to uni for a full time course , im a mature student , single mum, with a mortgage - is anyone in the same situation as me and is currently studying full time? Is it doable? Any advice ?! Thanks
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bwebb90)
I’ve just applied to uni for a full time course , im a mature student , single mum, with a mortgage - is anyone in the same situation as me and is currently studying full time? Is it doable? Any advice ?! Thanks
Yes it's doable if you get your childcare sorted out and maybe find a part-time job till your course finishes to help you if you require any more financial help.
Depending on your course you are doing then planning things out properly then you'll be able to do this.

I was a nature student when I did my degree as a midwife and I managed to maintain a part-time job alongside it ( was full-time job but went part-time ) to help finance the course so I didn't borrow any loans as I had the bursary to help me as well. I qualified in 2019.
I'm not a mother yet but lots of people on here seen to managed things who got children.
Bwebb90
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you

I will hopefully be doing a business degree so no bursaries from what I can see , I’m hoping to get the max maintenance loan and I will be working part time , I won’t be able to drop my hours at my current job but hopefully find something else , just need to make sure
I won’t be struggling too much , thanks x
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bwebb90)
Thank you

I will hopefully be doing a business degree so no bursaries from what I can see , I’m hoping to get the max maintenance loan and I will be working part time , I won’t be able to drop my hours at my current job but hopefully find something else , just need to make sure
I won’t be struggling too much , thanks x
Yeah I think your course isn't available for bursaries as those are for nursing courses.

You'll be able like you said apply for loans that is obviously linked to what income your household have as this I think determine your amount you can get !!!

Just do not overdo things but if you find it hard to cope with things if you doing another job then drop the extra job but you'll not know how it will go till you try things out first.

There is few part time jobs that will suit your needs especially if you not fussy on jobs you do.

If you get it right then you'll be able to cope with everything. Xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.76%
Okay (96)
29.27%
A bit lacking (119)
36.28%
Not good at all (81)
24.7%

Watched Threads