A guy at my uni said I am 90th percentiles in looks

Watch
whataminow
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is that a good or bad thing?

90th percentile means that I am 1 in 10, meaning every 11th girl is prettier than me and 90th percentile equates to 6.25/10 which isn't high
Last edited by whataminow; 1 month ago
Scotney
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by whataminow)
is that a good or bad thing?
90th percentile means that I am 1 in 10, meaning every 11th girl is prettier than me
It means you are in his opinion in the top ten percent of good looking girls.
whataminow
Rep:
(Original post by Scotney)
It means you are in his opinion in the top ten percent of good looking girls.
yeah I know, that isn't good imo
since top 10% is like a 6.25/10 (1 in 10)
Last edited by whataminow; 1 month ago
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
He sounds like an insufferable douche, if some guy said that to me I'd throw up instantly
Scotney
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Satori Tendō)
He sounds like an insufferable douche, if some guy said that to me I'd throw up instantly
I would have to hear him say it to judge. He might just be trying to pay her a compliment in a rather awkward way.
whataminow
Rep:
relax it was a compliment lol

but i just want to know if 90th percentile is good or bad
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Maybe if you work on your wardrobe and make up you can get to most attractive girl in the world and solve the issue entirely!
Scotney
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Maybe if you work on your wardrobe and make up you can get to most attractive girl in the world and solve the issue entirely!
You're not wrong!
whataminow
Rep:
(Original post by Zarek)
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show

gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Young people are weird
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yeah I know, that isn't good imo
since top 10% is like a 6.25/10 (1 in 10)
Well then why are you taking it as a compliment if you don’t think it’s good?
username5847361
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Enjoy the compliment, you obviously deserve it x
Cote1
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Like Scotney says he thinks you are in the top 10%.
He won't have thought it through any further than that.
If he said you were the most attractive person in the world it would sound more OTT than 90th percentile.
Last edited by Cote1; 1 month ago
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
relax it was a compliment lol

but i just want to know if 90th percentile is good or bad
How did you go from 1 in 10 to 6.25/10?

It is amazing how you are trying to turn a compliment to something negative.

Take it as he thinks you are fit then go out with him if you fancy him. Dont overcomplicate it. Good luck
whataminow
Rep:
(Original post by Wired_1800)
How did you go from 1 in 10 to 6.25/10?

It is amazing how you are trying to turn a compliment to something negative.

Take it as he thinks you are fit then go out with him if you fancy him. Dont overcomplicate it. Good luck
Well a 1 in 10 is a 6.25/10 based on the objective beauty scale
whataminow
Rep:
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Well then why are you taking it as a compliment if you don’t think it’s good?
Im not taking it as a compliment. He meant it as a compliment, to him idk 90th percentile might be good but in the grand scheme of things it isn’t that good at all
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Same, Weapons Grade Cringe. The unironic young Sheldon Impression no one asked for.
Wired_1800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Well a 1 in 10 is a 6.25/10 based on the objective beauty scale
Ok, cool. You are a 6.25/10 then. I doubt he called you a 6.25/10.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Im not taking it as a compliment. He meant it as a compliment, to him idk 90th percentile might be good but in the grand scheme of things it isn’t that good at all
Oh well, your choice.
Seems pretty big headed of you to think that you’re higher than 90th percentile in looks so maybe your attitude drops you down on the attractivenessscale 🤷🏼*♀️
lilyjoestar
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
can we agree that this is just a weird "compliment" or "insult" whatever it is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (23)
9.24%
Okay (72)
28.92%
A bit lacking (93)
37.35%
Not good at all (61)
24.5%

Watched Threads