The Student Room Group

Changing UCAS choice after 14 days(haven’t got an offer)

Hi, does anyone know is it possible to change your choice after 14 days of submission? And how to do it? Like should I call the UCAS or should I write an email to them?
Original post by Jasondt
Hi, does anyone know is it possible to change your choice after 14 days of submission? And how to do it? Like should I call the UCAS or should I write an email to them?

You can’t make any changes to your choices after 14 days.

You can wait for them all to respond, decline all the offers and then apply to courses one at a time through UCAS Extra.
Original post by Jasondt

Do you want to change university or just switch a course at the same university?
And you are being far too impatient about getting offers.
Many Unis have nor made any offers at all yet - and you may not get some responses until April/May.
Applying for Uni isnt an instant gratification exercise.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Do you want to change university or just switch a course at the same university?

change university
Reply 5
unis don't tend to respond after just 14 days. i waited like 5 months to get all my offers
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
And you are being far too impatient about getting offers.
Many Unis have nor made any offers at all yet - and you may not get some responses until April/May.
Applying for Uni isnt an instant gratification exercise.

Hi, I am thinking changing university because I reconsidered that I will not go to that university even I get an offer. So I dont want to waste a space.
Original post by Jasondt
change university

then there's no way to substitute a choice after 14 days.

If you're not interested in that university anymore then you can withdraw that choice (be careful to JUST withdraw the choice and not your whole application).
Reply 8
Original post by Admit-One
You can’t make any changes to your choices after 14 days.

You can wait for them all to respond, decline all the offers and then apply to courses one at a time through UCAS Extra.

Would you only be able to apply to one other choice?
Original post by davidrah

To use Extra you need to decline or withdraw from all of your original 5 choices.

If your first extra choice is rejected or you aren’t happy then you can decline any offers and pick a different extra choice. You can have multiple extra choices one after another but can only make a single choice at a time.
Original post by davidrah

With Extra you can only have one uni considering you at a time, but you can hold more than one Extra offer - subject to the deadlines you have to accept them.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices
My son is in a similar position. Rejected from med schools and wants to change completely. He has a place from Bristol for bio chemistry but wants to change Uni and course. We can’t seem to find a decline offer (made back in nov!) anyone any ideas?
Original post by Misshappy134
My son is in a similar position. Rejected from med schools and wants to change completely. He has a place from Bristol for bio chemistry but wants to change Uni and course. We can’t seem to find a decline offer (made back in nov!) anyone any ideas?

If it has been more than 14 days then his choices are:

1. Ask his current universities to change his application to a different course
2. Wait for replies from all 5 choices, decline all offers and use Extra
3. Withdraw from any choice without a reply, decline the rest and use Extra

Quick Reply