Has anyone applied
I cant seem to find the right thread
I have not received an offer yet
My grades r AAAA* but in bio chem psych n epq.hence y the foundation year
But I'd like to know other ppls stats
Jim scared I might not get in
My ps banged though

Scroll to see replies

I swear you need like 3 Bs to get into the foundation year course?
Original post by Dylan8421

Manchester is acting weird and stated that their course requires ‘A*A*A* with an A* in Mathematics, and minimum of one Science subject in the remaining A-Levels at A*’ and ‘5 GCSES/iGCSES at Grade A/7 or B/6 (both numeric and letter grade). Mathematics (please note we do not accept Applied GCSE Mathematics courses e.g. WJEC Mathematics - Numeracy).Two Science subjects from Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Science and Additional Science.’
(edited 2 years ago)

Yh 3Bs in relevant subjects like maths n physics etc
Reply 4
Original post by tecna
Yh 3Bs in relevant subjects like maths n physics etc

No they have changed it for 2022 entry, their requirements are 3 A*s
Original post by shloksss
No they have changed it for 2022 entry, their requirements are 3 A*s

We r talking about the foundation year
Original post by Throwaway48
Manchester is acting weird and stated that their course requires ‘A*A*A* with an A* in Mathematics, and minimum of one Science subject in the remaining A-Levels at A*’ and ‘5 GCSES/iGCSES at Grade A/7 or B/6 (both numeric and letter grade). Mathematics (please note we do not accept Applied GCSE Mathematics courses e.g. WJEC Mathematics - Numeracy).Two Science subjects from Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Science and Additional Science.’

That's for the non foundation year one. Its actually ******** that they've changed it to A*A*A*, I was hoping to go hear but my predicted grades are A*AAA and I got a ****ing 5 in GCSE English when we didn't even get to properly do them. In 2021 it was A*AA with 5 in english.
That's for the non foundation year one. Its actually ******** that they've changed it to A*A*A*, I was hoping to go hear but my predicted grades are A*AAA and I got a ****ing 5 in GCSE English when we didn't even get to properly do them. In 2021 it was A*AA with 5 in english.

I really do hope Manchester is worth it for you. With those predicted grade, you could apply to much better places.
I really do hope Manchester is worth it for you. With those predicted grade, you could apply to much better places.

I only chose Manchester for the city life, job opportunities and the decent course. But I probably wont apply seeing as they are asking for A*A*A*, which is ridiculous.
(edited 2 years ago)
I only chose Manchester for the city life, job opportunities and the decent course. But I probably wont apply seeing as they are asking for A*A*A*, which is ridiculous.

Good choice. They've had many scandals throughout this pandemic which have only highlighted their poor management and lack of care for their students. You can definitely do better.

Ur predicted grades r so guddd. I think u could get onto a better uni than manchester
I'm low key scared coz the foundation year doesnt guarantee a place on the actual degree.. I wonder what the pass mark would be. Anyway gud luck with ur application. U will defo get somewhere amazing with those gradez
Original post by tecna
Ur predicted grades r so guddd. I think u could get onto a better uni than manchester
I'm low key scared coz the foundation year doesnt guarantee a place on the actual degree.. I wonder what the pass mark would be. Anyway gud luck with ur application. U will defo get somewhere amazing with those gradez

Thanks, good luck to you.

whats better?
Original post by Sheperd23
whats better?

I think they mean univeristies better than Manchester
Manchester uni has the highest requirements for cs compared to all other unis in england....I'm not 100% about this though but it does seem to be the case.
Original post by tecna
I think they mean univeristies better than Manchester
Manchester uni has the highest requirements for cs compared to all other unis in england....I'm not 100% about this though but it does seem to be the case.

yeah i mean to ask which unis are better than manchester for comp sci?
yeah i mean to ask which unis are better than manchester for comp sci?

ICL, Cambridge, Oxford, Bath, Bristol and UCL.
How come Bath is better than Manchester but the grades are lower?
(edited 2 years ago)
ICL, Cambridge, Oxford, Bath, Bristol and UCL.

the entry requirements manchester have are ridicuIous but stiII its not a bad uni. its around 5/6th for comp sci wouId you agree?
the entry requirements manchester have are ridicuIous but stiII its not a bad uni. its around 5/6th for comp sci wouId you agree?

I'll tell you right now that rankings are definitely not everything lol. I used to think that.
WHYYY! I wanna go there but dont want to apply if they are going to ask for A*A*A* ffs.

Quick Reply

Latest