azzzzzzzz
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Back in 2020 when i was still 17, i got charged with two penalty fare notices from tyne and wear metro within the span of a week (i didnt have any money to pay to get to school)
I paid one of them off (250 quid)
The other one i could not afford, because what 17 year old can afford 500 quid worth of fines?
A year later or so and theyve decided to send bayliffs after me, Ive moved and they probably cant find where i live; but what is some advice for dealing with this.
I cannot afford a 500 quid fine on student finance.
azzzzzzzz
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am also wondering if it would be possible to plea it in a court, I was tried in absence (since i was not made aware since i was sent two identical messages in the span of a week from eachother)
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by azzzzzzzz)
I am also wondering if it would be possible to plea it in a court, I was tried in absence (since i was not made aware since i was sent two identical messages in the span of a week from eachother)
On what grounds would you dispute it?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by azzzzzzzz)
Back in 2020 when i was still 17, i got charged with two penalty fare notices from tyne and wear metro within the span of a week (i didnt have any money to pay to get to school)
I paid one of them off (250 quid)
The other one i could not afford, because what 17 year old can afford 500 quid worth of fines?
A year later or so and theyve decided to send bayliffs after me, Ive moved and they probably cant find where i live; but what is some advice for dealing with this.
I cannot afford a 500 quid fine on student finance.
They will find where you've moved to, so don't think you've somehow played the system. You'll need to pay back the money (either at once or via payment plan if the claimant accepts one), or in equivalent valued goods (i.e. your possessions).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.79%
Okay (95)
29.05%
A bit lacking (119)
36.39%
Not good at all (81)
24.77%

Watched Threads