SEGuy
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by James9103)
I could start a thread on reasons why I’m considering leaving the job.
In a nutshell, I’ve been assaulted too many times in the last year, mainly down to low Officer numbers, which are getting lower. There’s more to life than this job and money. Border force may not be much better, but i don’t see me ending up in hospital, constantly finishing late and spending my days off doing assignments for a degree. That’s in a nutshell, I could go on for pages 😂
I hear you. I’m ex-job myself, left about 8 years ago. Job was turning to shite then, can only imagine it’s worse now day.

Always interested to hear why people want to leave to confirm my suspicions!
James9103
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I joined at 19 as a SC, then PCSO and now three years as a PC. When I started there was 8 PC’s and a Sgt on a good day. Now we are running on 3 PC’s and a Sgt, minimum staffing level is 5 PC’s. Bosses do nothing about, i just can’t see it getting any better.
I’ve had moments where I absolutely loved the job, I’ve made life long friends, but I fear what the job will do to me in another 10 or 20 years, I’m still earning less that I was as a PCSO, and have soo much more reasonability. I’d actually be taking home more as a Border force officer straight away, and it’s got to be less work and pressure, surely ?

Fingers crossed we hear tomorrow
Elr944
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Anyone else religiously refreshing the application center and emails !!
BrandyD
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Elr944)
Yes haha, hopefully we will hear something soon
BobbyMcDougall
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I’d be very surprised if anything is sent today. I’ve been through this process a few times and every time the dates have lapsed.
Elr944
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh really? How did you find the interviews?
BobbyMcDougall
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Oh really? How did you find the interviews?
I scored really well on my last interview. I think I actually preferred the video way of doing it. You can prepare in your own time and you’re in a comfortable environment.
SEGuy
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BobbyMcDougall)
I scored really well on my last interview. I think I actually preferred the video way of doing it. You can prepare in your own time and you’re in a comfortable environment.
What's been holding you up from getting the job each time? Or just no vacancies where you are applying?
BobbyMcDougall
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SEGuy)
What's been holding you up from getting the job each time? Or just no vacancies where you are applying?
Three times my application was withdrawn due to no vacancies. Twice I have had second thoughts and decided to stay where I’m (both times I’ve now regretted it).
Runner1708
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by James9103)
I joined at 19 as a SC, then PCSO and now three years as a PC. When I started there was 8 PC’s and a Sgt on a good day. Now we are running on 3 PC’s and a Sgt, minimum staffing level is 5 PC’s. Bosses do nothing about, i just can’t see it getting any better.
I’ve had moments where I absolutely loved the job, I’ve made life long friends, but I fear what the job will do to me in another 10 or 20 years, I’m still earning less that I was as a PCSO, and have soo much more reasonability. I’d actually be taking home more as a Border force officer straight away, and it’s got to be less work and pressure, surely ?

Fingers crossed we hear tomorrow
That’s why I went back to being a PCSO lol
Mrmulvaney
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet? Was hoping we would actually get through that before all the long waits
SarahMarrison
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I retired 3 weeks ago as a Sgt. Had a great time in the police just looking for something to keep my mind busy. I haven't heard anything either.
Megatitans101
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mrmulvaney)
Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet? Was hoping we would actually get through that before all the long waits
Nothing
Rossco213
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Megatitans101)
Nothing
No, I’ve heard nothing either
BobbyMcDougall
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Check emails, you should have something. Mine was a last minute application and unfortunately I didn’t make it to interview. Having looked at my application I can see why and I’m totally kicking myself (especially after having applied previously and been succesful).

Good luck everyone!
Megatitans101
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Check emails, you should have something. Mine was a last minute application and unfortunately I didn’t make it to interview. Having looked at my application I can see why and I’m totally kicking myself (especially after having applied previously and been succesful).

Good luck everyone!
I don't have any emails, I take it that means I was probably unsuccessful?
BrandyD
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago

Good luck everyone!
I was also unsuccessful. Shame.
Runner1708
Rep:

Good luck everyone!
I wasn’t either! I’ve been successful with overall 5 before and only scored a 2!! I really don’t know where I have gone wrong and it’s so annoying as you can’t get feedback. Think it’s a fine art passing these shifts

Where do you think you went wrong? .
Last edited by Runner1708; 3 weeks ago
jessrb1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Just got an email for the central apprenticeship campaign that I’ve reached the required standard but my application has been put on hold, I only scraped through with a 4, it seems really tough this time round
Runner1708
Rep:
(Original post by jessrb1)
Just got an email for the central apprenticeship campaign that I’ve reached the required standard but my application has been put on hold, I only scraped through with a 4, it seems really tough this time round
Well done. The recruitment is a shambles full stop to be honest. Makes me laugh how they start new campaigns when they haven’t even processed the last ones 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (143)
33.81%
Yes - a trusted person (109)
25.77%
No (117)
27.66%
I'm not sure (54)
12.77%

Watched Threads