Megatitans101
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Megatitans101)
I don't have any emails, I take it that means I was probably unsuccessful?
Nvm, I was unsuccessful also
James9103
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve reached the required standard but they are unable to offer me an interview immediately and I’ve been placed on hold
Last edited by James9103; 3 weeks ago
Mrmulvaney
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I too received an email saying it is on hold, got a 6 for the apprenticeship and a 4 for the BFO role. Is this likely on hold because of a lack of vacancies in the area?
daisyduck21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I’ve had my email too. I’m on ‘hold’. I scored a 4 apparently.
daisyduck21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by James9103)
I’ve reached the required standard but they are unable to offer me an interview immediately and I’ve been placed on hold
What did you score James? I’m in same boat as you, police officer looking for greener pastures!
jessrb1
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by daisyduck21)
I’ve had my email too. I’m on ‘hold’. I scored a 4 apparently.
I also scored a 4, I answered in the way that they asked in the job description and I still only scraped through 🙄
daisyduck21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jessrb1)
I also scored a 4, I answered in the way that they asked in the job description and I still only scraped through 🙄
Seems we all scored 4 then! What is the highest? Hopefully this still means we’ll get an opportunity at some point. Don’t think I’ll hold my breath though after readying about others waiting for so long!
Mrmulvaney
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Seems we all scored 4 then! What is the highest? Hopefully this still means we’ll get an opportunity at some point. Don’t think I’ll hold my breath though after readying about others waiting for so long!
6 is the highest. I believe it’s 3= acceptable 4=good 5=strong 6= Outstanding
Runner1708
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mrmulvaney)
I too received an email saying it is on hold, got a 6 for the apprenticeship and a 4 for the BFO role. Is this likely on hold because of a lack of vacancies in the area?
They have you on hold forever then withdraw your application. It’s really poor!
daisyduck21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
6 is the highest. I believe it’s 3= acceptable 4=good 5=strong 6= Outstanding
I see, thank you. We’ll done to anyone scoring 5/6 then! Hopefully at least one of us gets an interview right away
Mrmulvaney
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I see, thank you. We’ll done to anyone scoring 5/6 then! Hopefully at least one of us gets an interview right away
The whole thing seems bizarre, from this thread alone, seems like all of us are from police and/or military backgrounds, would have expected wealth of experience and ideal candidates but must not be.
Mrmulvaney
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Runner1708)
They have you on hold forever then withdraw your application. It’s really poor!
Perfect lol
daisyduck21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
The whole thing seems bizarre, from this thread alone, seems like all of us are from police and/or military backgrounds, would have expected wealth of experience and ideal candidates but must not be.
I completely agree, I had high hopes for those reasons but not good enough it seems. Maybe they’ve had more applications than they expected and are still dealing with a massive backlog so they’ve just stuck us all on hold. I’ll try and stay positive!
Dl1989
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm a prison officer and was unsuccessful for BFO North scoring a 3
Runner1708
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
4 is good 👍🏻 think it’s been a tough campaign this one. Can I just ask (I’m at a loss where I went wrong) how did you answer on you application form. Did you look at the behaviours on the success profiles and cross ref with the list of essential criteria (if you see what I mean?)
Rossco213
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Just got an email for the central apprenticeship campaign that I’ve reached the required standard but my application has been put on hold, I only scraped through with a 4, it seems really tough this time round
Exact same as me, nightmare 😳
alex559
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi I applied for the central apprentice scored a 7 and have been placed on hold as well, no idea why
Megatitans101
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Runner1708)
I wasn’t either! I’ve been successful with overall 5 before and only scored a 2!! I really don’t know where I have gone wrong and it’s so annoying as you can’t get feedback. Think it’s a fine art passing these shifts

Where do you think you went wrong? .
Yeah I only scored a 2 also. Any idea how they calculate your score?
James9103
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I also had 4.
During the application it also stated ex military are guaranteed and interview under their scheme.
I got a feeling that everyone who applied and passed are on hold.

I’m in no rush anyway, still so 4 months left to Finish my Probation\PCDA and get my free degree
daisyduck21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Guys on the Border Force Officer Recruitment 2020 thread WLz82 wrote:

“I applied for Central and received the same email, also happened on the previous campaign and I received the interview email 5 days later then the interview link the day after so fingers crossed it won't be too long this time!”

Fingers crossed the same happens this time!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads