SarahMarrison
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
No joy either.
Scored 3's and I'm somewhat bemused.
Just left the police after 30 years as a Sgt and never had any issues applying for roles.
Oh well, clearly not what they're looking for.
Next???
BobbyMcDougall
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Runner1708)
I wasn’t either! I’ve been successful with overall 5 before and only scored a 2!! I really don’t know where I have gone wrong and it’s so annoying as you can’t get feedback. Think it’s a fine art passing these shifts

Where do you think you went wrong? .
Used an example for a different BF job (intelligence) by accident. 🤪
BobbyMcDougall
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SarahMarrison)
No joy either.
Just left the police after 30 years as a Sgt and never had any issues applying for roles.
Next???
I last applied in January of this year and it was slightly different this time round with the statement of suitability.

Last time I scored 5, this time 3 but was my own fault
BobbyMcDougall
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by BobbyMcDougall)
I last applied in January of this year and it was slightly different this time round with the statement of suitability.

Last time I scored 5, this time 3 but was my own fault
May also find if a low number go through it is quickly readvertised
Megatitans101
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jessrb1)
Just got an email for the central apprenticeship campaign that I’ve reached the required standard but my application has been put on hold, I only scraped through with a 4, it seems really tough this time round
I should have tried that, but it said i scored better than 97% and 94% of test takers, yet only got a 2. Don't know what I could have done differently
markylad
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi everyone, just found out about this thread, as i’m following the other one too. Received email today i’ve met required standard for interview, but it’s been put on ‘HOLD’ as they cant offer interview yet.
markylad
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SEGuy)
Also in for this campaign, applied for Gatwick - readiness task force. Scored pretty good on my civil service tests - 46% above average on the first and 96% above average on the second. Hopefully, my personal statement was up to scratch!

Confused as hell regarding salaries, was listed as 25k + up to 49% shift allowance (have heard for the RTF it is 48.6%) but then saw 27k on a PDF which was including AHA. But 48% of 25k would bump it up to 37k.... :dontknow:. Hopefully someone is more knowledgable about salaries and can enlighten me!
Isn’t the 27k the maximum amount for basic and then the AHA on top.
markylad
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by James9103)
I joined at 19 as a SC, then PCSO and now three years as a PC. When I started there was 8 PC’s and a Sgt on a good day. Now we are running on 3 PC’s and a Sgt, minimum staffing level is 5 PC’s. Bosses do nothing about, i just can’t see it getting any better.
I’ve had moments where I absolutely loved the job, I’ve made life long friends, but I fear what the job will do to me in another 10 or 20 years, I’m still earning less that I was as a PCSO, and have soo much more reasonability. I’d actually be taking home more as a Border force officer straight away, and it’s got to be less work and pressure, surely ?

Fingers crossed we hear tomorrow
I spent 12 years a SC, 5 years as a SO. Then joined Prison service 24 years ago, so had to jack Police in. Had enough of Prison, like the Police got sick of the daily abuse, threats, assaults etc. left a year ago and got my HEO with DWP, but really miss the comradery you get with a uniformed service. I’m on waiting list for Immigration Enforcement HEO, Border Force - Officer, HMRC Investigator, so this will be another to add to them hopefully.
markylad
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Dl1989)
I'm a prison officer and was unsuccessful for BFO North scoring a 3
I scraped through with a 4……. Ex Prison Officer too … SO.
jessrb1
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
4 is good 👍🏻 think it’s been a tough campaign this one. Can I just ask (I’m at a loss where I went wrong) how did you answer on you application form. Did you look at the behaviours on the success profiles and cross ref with the list of essential criteria (if you see what I mean?)
I did look at the success profiles and used the STAR method for examples, they said they want to know what the applicant enjoys and when they’re at their best. I really made it more informal as I applied to the previous campaign with a very formal and professional statement and I was unsuccessful. I think they also love loads of examples and what you learnt from those experiences but there’s only so much space to write haha

It almost feels like a luck of the draw as I know someone who is doing a BF apprenticeship where they got a score of 21 out of 24 in their interview and they were still unsuccessful in this campaign
Runner1708
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SarahMarrison)
No joy either.
Next???
That’s rubbish I’m sorry 😞 it seems they don’t care about relevant experience. I think that let me down on my application. I think I relied on my experience and didn’t cross ref the person spec listed in the ad to the behaviours in the success profiles. It’s bloody confusing. I only scored 2 but on my other application 3 years ago I got a 5 😂There is definitely an art to applying for civil service jobs! Hope you find something else and it’s their loss!
Runner1708
Rep:
(Original post by jessrb1)
I did look at the success profiles and used the STAR method for examples, they said they want to know what the applicant enjoys and when they’re at their best. I really made it more informal as I applied to the previous campaign with a very formal and professional statement and I was unsuccessful. I think they also love loads of examples and what you learnt from those experiences but there’s only so much space to write haha

It almost feels like a luck of the draw as I know someone who is doing a BF apprenticeship where they got a score of 21 out of 24 in their interview and they were still unsuccessful in this campaign
Thank you for replying. That’s probably where I went wrong not giving enough examples. Oh well it’s a nightmare that I’ve been enduring with them since 2018 😂
jessrb1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you for replying. That’s probably where I went wrong not giving enough examples. Oh well it’s a nightmare that I’ve been enduring with them since 2018 😂
They should hire you on the spot alone for the fact that you’re still waiting after so long, if that’s not dedication then I don’t know what is 🤣 really hoping you’ll hear soon!
Last edited by jessrb1; 3 weeks ago
Runner1708
Rep:
(Original post by Megatitans101)
I should have tried that, but it said i scored better than 97% and 94% of test takers, yet only got a 2. Don't know what I could have done differently
They don’t take test scores into account. That’s just to get you through to the application stage. I’ve asked recruitment before and that’s what they told me
Runner1708
Rep:
(Original post by BobbyMcDougall)
Used an example for a different BF job (intelligence) by accident. 🤪
Oh dear lol at least you know where you went wrong!
Megatitans101
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
They don’t take test scores into account. That’s just to get you through to the application stage. I’ve asked recruitment before and that’s what they told me
Ah right fair enough, they basically mean nothing. Next time I take them I won't stress about them as much
petehillside
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, how do I find out my score please? I’ve been put on hold too,
daisyduck21
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by petehillside)
Hi, how do I find out my score please? I’ve been put on hold too,
View your application and look at feedback
petehillside
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by daisyduck21)
View your application and look at feedback
Thank you 👍🏼
Elr944
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Same boat as lots of you, scored 4 and on hold. Previous prison officer too so lots of “transferable skills”
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (141)
33.81%
Yes - a trusted person (108)
25.9%
No (115)
27.58%
I'm not sure (53)
12.71%

Watched Threads