The Student Room Group

best university for geology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muttley79
Clearly you've never been to Falmouth then? Yes I do often recommend Exeter - why? It's a beautiful campus and has some great courses - no student I've taught has been unhappy there or failed to get a great job.

I don't see you making the same comments about any other poster :smile:

Other posters are open with their uni preferences where they have them
Original post by harrysbar
Just

Here the recommendation is based on the fact that Penryn is the best course ... see the stats to back this up.

I don't always recommend Exeter ...here it's completely correct to do so.
Original post by harrysbar
Other posters are open with their uni preferences where they have them

Not always - I can name several who don't and am prepared to PM names to you

Btw, best not to take the thread further off topic :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
You two (Mutley and Harry's Bar) need to listen to the OP and stop ...squabbling ....you'll put people off asking questions.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Fruity Girl
One of my kids just graduated from MSc after BSc in Geology. What grades are you looking at in your A levels and what subjects are your currently studying A levels wise? Where in the country do you live and what do you like doing when not studying?

Im studying maths ,chemistry and biology and am predicted A*AA respectively .I live in the UK and like going charity shopping , walking , gigs, and anything else really
Original post by SpectroGirl
Hi i am in yr 13 and am trying to decide on a university .Most courses are very similar so i want somewhere where the lecteres bring the subject to life and where there are great links to bring about opportunity . I am mainly facinated by volcanoes and tectonics . Any help would be much appreciated .

As talked about in other posts Bristol is the place to go for volcanology. May also want to consider Leicester. Oxford doesn't have anyone to teach tectonics at the moment, and their two volcanologists have effectively stopped teaching to pursue College positions.
Original post by BetaVersion2.9
As talked about in other posts Bristol is the place to go for volcanology. May also want to consider Leicester. Oxford doesn't have anyone to teach tectonics at the moment, and their two volcanologists have effectively stopped teaching to pursue College positions.

Leicester is good. So is imperial and Birmingham. Edinburgh had a good rep but this was a few years ago
One of my kids just graduated from MSc after BSc in Geology. What grades are you looking at in your A levels and what subjects are your currently studying A levels wise? Where in the country do you live and what do you like doing when not studying?

Hey! Is it possible if you could help me? :smile:
Hi,It's important that you go to University that is right for you. Take a look at those University's that provide the course you are interested in. The UCAS Website can be good for this. If possible try and attend any Open Days that are taking place to get a feel for the campus and surrounding area.Darren - Life and Environmental Sciences
Original post by Jake9920
Hey! Is it possible if you could help me? :smile:

Hi Jake - do you still need help?
Hi Jake - do you still need help?

Hey where did you apply to sorry? I'm applying now for 2023 entry
Hey where did you apply to sorry? I'm applying now for 2023 entry

Sorry Jake been off here for a long time - where did you apply in the end ?
Sorry Jake been off here for a long time - where did you apply in the end ?

That's fine! I applied to cardiff bristol exeter keele and UCL, I've got an offer for all but UCL (decision undecided)
Great choices - what are you leaning towards?
Great choices - what are you leaning towards?

I've got all 5 offers now, I'm thinking of bristol as firm and keele insurance, but I'm not too sure as I'm from a rural area and bristol is quite a jump. I might take a gap year to work and visit more and then go to bristol (deferred entry if I request that)
I’d go with Bristol you’ll love uni, its a great place with lots to do and the thought of it may seem daunting but the reality is far easier - Keele is a little quieter and campus but Bristol is a great place. Go to some offer days and then firm and insure.

I've got all 5 offers now, I'm thinking of bristol as firm and keele insurance, but I'm not too sure as I'm from a rural area and bristol is quite a jump. I might take a gap year to work and visit more and then go to bristol (deferred entry if I request that)
I’d go with Bristol you’ll love uni, its a great place with lots to do and the thought of it may seem daunting but the reality is far easier - Keele is a little quieter and campus but Bristol is a great place. Go to some offer days and then firm and insure.

Okay thank you very much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending