ashhh19
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is anyone applying for Diagnostic radiography starting sept 2022? E at Sheffield Hallam, DMU, Birmingham City University, university of Salford or University of Liverpool. Also does it really matter if you’re attending a tussle group uni or not?
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashhh19)
Is anyone applying for Diagnostic radiography starting sept 2022? E at Sheffield Hallam, DMU, Birmingham City University, university of Salford or University of Liverpool. Also does it really matter if you’re attending a tussle group uni or not?
Hey ashhh19, how are you?

It’s good to hear that you are thinking of applying to study with us!

Do you have any questions about our university which we can help you with at all?

In my opinion, there are lots of things that you should consider other than whether or not a university is Russell Group. Things like the distance from home, the type of university (city or campus), as well as the obvious things like the quality of the course and facilities are all really important factors that need to be considered when making your decision. You need to make sure you know you are going to be happy at the university you choose!

My advice would be to make a list of what you are looking to gain the most from your university experience, and then do some research to see how each of your shortlisted universities can help you!

Open Days are also a good way of getting a feel for each university, and are also good places to ask questions and get some information that is specific to you. We actually have an Open Day coming up on the 4th December, if you were interested! I’ll attach the link here for you to have a look: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/home.aspx.

Best of luck with your applications!

Konnie
University of Suffolk student
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashhh19)
Hi ashhh19! It's great that you've got a list of universities that you're interested in as it makes it easier to organise open days and to write applications tailored to each specific university
I would say that it doesn't matter which university you attend as long as you're comfortable and happy with your decision and you enjoy the course and your uni experience! Each university has a different course structure and offers different lengths of time on placement, so definitely consider these when finalising your decision! A combination of your university, extra-curricular activities and placement site will determine the quality and depth of your training, and attending a placement site that you'd like to work at in the future is also a good idea too!
I hope this helps you to decide which university you'd like to attend and good luck with your applications and interviews!!!

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads