The Student Room Group

How do you achieve an A*/A in OCR English Literature

I've looked at the grade boundaries for past examinations and generally you have to achieve at least 85% upwards to get an A in OCR English Literature. So far I've been predicted a B for English lit, but I really would like to achieve an A, maybe an A* if it's possible. Could anyone who's achieved or is predicted an A/A* give me some tips on what I should do to get that grade. Also tips for revising for mocks would be very useful. Any advice is helpful thanks again. :smile:
Paper 1 is based on The Tempest, The Duchess Of Malfi & Christina Rossetti
Paper 2 is based on The Great Gatsby & Grapes Of Wrath
My coursework is based on The History Boys & Notes On A Scandal
Ask your teacher what you can do to improve, the key thing is to master those AOs, as well as doing some wider reading of critic's interpretations.
Original post by rebecca-lol
Ask your teacher what you can do to improve, the key thing is to master those AOs, as well as doing some wider reading of critic's interpretations.

Thanks for the advice, we've just completed a set of exams so when i get them back I'll ask how i should improve to do better. I've been researching and doing some wider reading of critics's interpretations which so far I'm okay with. How would you go about writing critical theories in your essay, for example feminist or Marxism theories?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending