Wearing a wig ruined my confidence

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've never liked my thin hair, my hairline is receding, I joined my new job working from home, I've never put the camera on except the interview, it's been 6months Now. This guy decided to nag over and over, and I thought I'll try a wig on, I felt pretty with it on, put the Cam on, and the guy took a liking, he thought I was "stunning" (thanks to the fking wig) and wants to take it outside work; Now I have absolutely lost every bit of confidence in my look, and can't possibly imagine pursuing anything with this guy (whom under normal circumstances would have considered); I'm so mad at myself, whyyy why did I do that??? I could have been truthful to myself; for how he reacted, I couldn't imagine his disappointment 😡

Am I the only one who lost their confidence with a freaking wig?? 😢
yes, it is in the bin, never ever again
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
lol
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I dont want you to think i'm exaggerating when I say this but I know a lot of girls who wear wigs or have extensions, so reading this I think that you are beautiful with or without that wig. Wearing it is just like when any girl wears make up, you don't put it on to feel bad that its not your natural appearance, its just an extension of who you are. If you're telling me that you drastically looked amazing just from just a wig, I refuse to believe it because you must have already been beautiful.

Due to this, I'd like to say sure that guy is going to find out one day (if you plan to keep seeing him). You will have to rip off the band aid at some point but i'd say you should first figure out if hes worth telling. Do you even like him enough to share secrets with him? Do you think he will be accepting of you. If not then I wouldn't say he's worth it. But if that guy was out of the picture you should feel free to rock any hair, any style you want and express yourself without any guilt. Its no different to make up.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Also pleaseee do not build your confidence from how other people see you, be comfortable with yourself.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I dont want you to think i'm exaggerating when I say this but I know a lot of girls who wear wigs or have extensions, so reading this I think that you are beautiful with or without that wig. Wearing it is just like when any girl wears make up, you don't put it on to feel bad that its not your natural appearance, its just an extension of who you are. If you're telling me that you drastically looked amazing just from just a wig, I refuse to believe it because you must have already been beautiful.

Due to this, I'd like to say sure that guy is going to find out one day (if you plan to keep seeing him). You will have to rip off the band aid at some point but i'd say you should first figure out if hes worth telling. Do you even like him enough to share secrets with him? Do you think he will be accepting of you. If not then I wouldn't say he's worth it. But if that guy was out of the picture you should feel free to rock any hair, any style you want and express yourself without any guilt. Its no different to make up.
you are so sweet 😢
the thing with this guy is, he's popular, very vocal, knowledgeable in the field and nice looking, I didn't think he'd look at me twice, the way he reacted and described me was just something I've never heard before, and the only difference between before and Now is the freaking wig!!!!
Honestly, this is the wig that stole Christmas
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I might be misreading this but whats the problem sorry, that he likes you in a wig or?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Napp)
I might be misreading this but whats the problem sorry, that he likes you in a wig or?
the problem is that I think he only liked the way I looked because of the stupid wig, and for how he reacted, I couldn't possibly show him what I look like without. I freaking regret not being myself, it suddenly made me feel not pretty without 😢
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.76%
Okay (110)
29.02%
A bit lacking (141)
37.2%
Not good at all (91)
24.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed