The Student Room Group

Need advice

There is a group of boys at school who are always bullying me, I've tried telling one of my teachers but nothing changed. Today I was walking between classes and one of them lifted up my skirt. I feel so helpless and I don't want to go back

Scroll to see replies

Upskirting would be against any school's behaviour code. I'd suggest you talk to a teacher (or head of year) again, and make sure those bullies don't get away with this. You could get your parents to speak to the staff too, and explain how it has made you feel like you can't go back.

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by rosy_posy
Upskirting would be against any school's behaviour code. I'd suggest you talk to a teacher (or head of year) again, and make sure those bullies don't get away with this. You could get your parents to speak to the staff too, and explain how it has made you feel like you can't go back.

Spoiler

Talking to a teacher didn't help before and it it's embarrassing to have to talk about it 🙁

It's a private school, we have a different half term
Original post by Anonymous
Talking to a teacher didn't help before and it it's embarrassing to have to talk about it 🙁

Upskirting is a serious offence, though. If a teacher doesn't take it seriously, the case would need to be taken up to school leadership. It may be embarassing to talk about but it's less embarassing than letting the upskirting happen again :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Upskirting is a serious offence, though. If a teacher doesn't take it seriously, the case would need to be taken up to school leadership. It may be embarassing to talk about but it's less embarassing than letting the upskirting happen again :s-smilie:

I know, but I think they'll just deny it, and then nothing will be done, that's what happened last time. I don't really have any friends at school and these boys are popular so I don't really know what to do, I don't want to be more hated
I know, but I think they'll just deny it, and then nothing will be done, that's what happened last time. I don't really have any friends at school and these boys are popular so I don't really know what to do, I don't want to be more hated

What happened last time? If it was less serious than upskirting then that could explain why they didn't act on it. It doesn't matter what the reputation of these boys is, they need to be reported otherwise they will carry on thinking they can get away with this appalling behaviour. I don't think people will hate you for reporting them - if they had any sense, they would take your side because what the boys did is unacceptable.
do you have cctvs at school?
go straight to the headteacher, they wont learn their lesson till they get punished
if she doesnt do anything id go to the police
Reply 7
What happened last time? If it was less serious than upskirting then that could explain why they didn't act on it. It doesn't matter what the reputation of these boys is, they need to be reported otherwise they will carry on thinking they can get away with this appalling behaviour. I don't think people will hate you for reporting them - if they had any sense, they would take your side because what the boys did is unacceptable.

Last time they went into the changing area when I was in swim class and took my underwear 😔 The teacher said how did I know it was them, and I couldn't prove it but I know it was.
But everyone likes them and they don't like me so they will hate me for trying to get them into trouble
Reply 8
Original post by Violet5567
do you have cctvs at school?
go straight to the headteacher, they wont learn their lesson till they get punished
if she doesnt do anything id go to the police

We have cctv in some areas but it's mostly outside or in the library. I can't go to the police and say that they lifted up my skirt, they won't take me seriously, I'm only 14
you need your parents involved to speak to the school, and the school will have to respond because upskirting is an offence, and the person who did needs his parents involved. Don't sleep on it.
Original post by hannah021
you need your parents involved to speak to the school, and the school will have to respond because upskirting is an offence, and the person who did needs his parents involved. Don't sleep on it.

I don't want to tell my parents, it's embarrassing
Last time they went into the changing area when I was in swim class and took my underwear 😔 The teacher said how did I know it was them, and I couldn't prove it but I know it was.
But everyone likes them and they don't like me so they will hate me for trying to get them into trouble

You are being targeted in a very mean and cruel way. The upskirting offence definitely needs reporting as it's something you can prove. If they took your underwear, that was an offence too but if you have no concrete evidence you can't really report that one :/
I don't want to tell my parents, it's embarrassing

it really isn't, I was never close or comfortable talking to my parents, and I feel you when you say that, but then, you need this to stop, and to stop immediately, if they don't get named and shamed they'll continue
We have cctv in some areas but it's mostly outside or in the library. I can't go to the police and say that they lifted up my skirt, they won't take me seriously, I'm only 14

If anything the fact you are so young would hopefully make them want to take more action in your case, but I'm not sure how exactly the system works. It might seem daunting, but unless you tell someone, nothing will change. They might even be doing it to other people in your school.
You are being targeted in a very mean and cruel way. The upskirting offence definitely needs reporting as it's something you can prove. If they took your underwear, that was an offence too but if you have no concrete evidence you can't really report that one :/

They are so mean to me and I don't know why, just because I have no friends I think, but I started school later than everyone else so they had all made friends already, after they took my underwear a rumour went around that I didn't have underwear, I'm sure it was them. I know I can't report that though because I tried, but I also don't have proof that they lifted my skirt 😢
Original post by hannah021
it really isn't, I was never close or comfortable talking to my parents, and I feel you when you say that, but then, you need this to stop, and to stop immediately, if they don't get named and shamed they'll continue

I live with my mum and my step dad and my step dad is not nice to me, he always tells me I'm wearing my school skirt too short so I think he'll say it is my fault

Talk to your parents, since its a private school, they’ll have power over the teacher and the teacher will listen to them
Original post by PhoenixRose338
If anything the fact you are so young would hopefully make them want to take more action in your case, but I'm not sure how exactly the system works. It might seem daunting, but unless you tell someone, nothing will change. They might even be doing it to other people in your school.

If I go to a police station and say that I got my skirt lifted up at school I think they will laugh
Talk to your parents, since its a private school, they’ll have power over the teacher and the teacher will listen to them

Maybe I should, but it is embarrassing to tell my parents and I have no proof it happened so I don't think ut will improve anything and if nothing happens but these boys know I tried to get them in trouble I think it will make it worse
I live with my mum and my step dad and my step dad is not nice to me, he always tells me I'm wearing my school skirt too short so I think he'll say it is my fault

Upskirting is never the wearer's fault - it is entirely on the people who did it. What they're doing is downright inappropriate. You can't brush it aside else it will affect your education.

Quick Reply

Latest