The Student Room Group

Anyone else dream every night?

I’ve talked to friends and family and they say they don’t dream every night, only occasionally, and that they barely ever remember their dreams from when they wake up.
I dream every single night and I will remember the dream I had that night for the whole day, and sometimes the next couple of days. Some dreams I remember forever.
Just wondering if anyone else can relate.
(edited 2 years ago)
I can relate.
Reply 2
Original post by some.student123
I can relate.

Just wondering, can you lucid dream?
Original post by Tina7500
Just wondering, can you lucid dream?

I used to be able to, but that was years ago. To be honest, my dreams nowadays are a little bit boring as the theme of my upcoming entrance exam seems to recur, so maybe my subconscious self hasn't felt the need to lucid dream recently. :biggrin:

Also, is your MBTI type INTP by any chance? If you haven't done that personality test and if you have time, you should try it. I think INTPs are prone to vivid dreams, but we are a rare breed. :P
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by some.student123
I used to be able to, but that was years ago. To be honest, my dreams nowadays are a little bit boring as the theme of my upcoming entrance exam seems to recur, so maybe my subconscious self hasn't felt the need to lucid dream recently. :biggrin:

Also, is your MBTI type INTP by any chance? If you haven't done that personality test and if you have time, you should try it. I think INTPs are prone to vivid dreams, but we are a rare breed. :P

The last time I did the test I was either ISTJ or INTJ I think.
I think I’ve lucid dreamed once since I’ve been trying to lucid dream for a while. Wondering if you might have any tips on how to lucid dream or to increase your chances at lucid dreaming.
yes
yh i have dreams every night and can usually remember what they are about. sometimes i forget certain parts or just dont know how to explain it so you get "and then i went up the stairs stuff happened i cant remember like yh and then i was eating cake" 😂😂
Everyone dreams every night, fact. Not remembering your dreams doesn’t mean you didn’t have any.
I don't remember any of my dreams, I don't even know what dreaming feels like lol.

I've been told that a dream journal would help but as soon as I wake up, I don't recall having a dream so what would I even write in it ???
Yes i dream every night and remember them as they are mostly
about my father who died 14 months ago in an accident
Original post by Tina7500
The last time I did the test I was either ISTJ or INTJ I think.
I think I’ve lucid dreamed once since I’ve been trying to lucid dream for a while. Wondering if you might have any tips on how to lucid dream or to increase your chances at lucid dreaming.

Sorry, I don’t really know how - for me, it just happened. I looked on the internet and it said that being mindful during the day helped you to lucid dream though, but I’m not sure how reliable that is.
I don't remember my dreams every night, but most nights I do.

I had a horrible one last night. Someone I love died.
When i was 17 i started dreaming every night, i was going through a traumatic time at the time and something just triggered in my head i guess.
I used to have awful vivid nightmares and would wake up several times in the night, i look back and wonder how i actually got through my A-levels as i was getting about 4 hours sleep a night.

Fortunately i found something that really works for me (promethazine) which my GP still prescribes me. I dont think they stop me dreaming entirely because i still wake up soaked in sweat some days however I can't recall what i dreamed of most of the time and when i can its less vivid and more blurred than it would be otherwise.
Original post by Obolinda
I've been told that a dream journal would help but as soon as I wake up, I don't recall having a dream so what would I even write in it ???

"No activity"
I don't remember most of my dreams but there are some I remember (nightmare) but they're from my childhood
Reply 15
yes and it's not fun.
I can’t remember the last time I had a dream
yeah i dream and have nightmares probably more so nightmares and panic attacks during my sleep when im not even dreaming and as i wake up i jump... its scary 😂🤣

Quick Reply

Latest